Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

GONE!
By happyitsgone

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car had a nice feel like a older full sized car. The quality was horrible i have never had a car that required more repairs and was on a downhill slide then that car. Fuel regulator, wheel studs, water pump, transmission, etc... The resale value was horrible, just recently got rid of it and purchased a nissan.

The ride when i first purchased it was nice like a comfortable full sized car.

Quality, never have i had a vehicle turn into junk before my eyes like this vehicle. I guess that's why this style and vehicle are no longer are offered from GM.

No More GM`S
By No More GM`S

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new. 3000 miles ac compressor froze. 2 steering racks replaced before 55,000 miles. Manifold gasket let go at 60,000 miles. Speedometer sometimes will not work9 (no safety issue here). Now the transmission will occassionally slip when taking off.

I hope to be dumping it soon.

JUNK
By Kyle

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

04 impala LS/3.8L/90k miles. CClunking in steering wheel, ABS/traction control lights coming on at random, ABS pump coming on at random, cruise control malfunction, loud whining when I turn. I replaced all rotors and brakes, replaced struts, new tires replaced front wheel hubs, alternator, "greased intermediate steering shaft" and aligned wheels. Car still has a slight shake when I drive, still getting the ABS/TC light, ABS pump still engages AND still a light occaisional clunk in the steering column. even went back myself with a multi meter to check each hub individually to see if a sensor failed and check for bad wiring. Checked out OK. I found the problem. All substandard components.

Leather, CD, sunroof (can get those anywhere)

Trade in.

Best Car Ever
By gtb82l

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Impala since we bought it new in 04. It is fast, smooth and comfortable, the most comfortable car I've ever ridden in. Seats six with an enormous trunk. We have had absolutely nothing but oil changes, and just recently brakes. I love this car and expect to get another 160,000 miles. We have the Bose stereo and it's the bomb!

Smooth ride. I have no desire to "feel the road" Acceleration - ZOOM, even with the 3.4

Stop selling it to cops so I won't look like I'm riding in a cop car. (Actually kind of fun making people think I'm an unmarked cop car...)

Very pleased
By joedeemac

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a 97 Lumina over 110,000 miles with absolutely no trouble and excellent gas mileage I decided to try the Impala. So far this car has also been trouble free. Gas mileage is much better than the EPA rating. I've owned a Honda Accord which was a good car but I did have a few minor problems with. As long as I keep getting trouble free Chevys I'll keep buying them.

Style and fuel economy.