2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
My Impala SS Experience
By Jeannette Yackel on 01/21/06 21:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love my Impala SS. I've had it for almost 2 years and it still runs like a charm. I've had no problems whatsoever with it. It drives great in rain, sleet or snow. I feel safe driving it in any weather. My three children ages 7, 11, and 12 all fit comfortably in the back seat. My son is 5'6 and has plenty of leg room in the back. They don't even touch elbows! I especially like driving on the highway. This car sure has some "get up and go"! I never worry about playing "chicken" to pass a "Sunday driver". That engine kicks in and I always have plenty of time to pass when needed. Out of the 5 vehicles I've owned in my life, my Impala SS is definitely my favorite!

Many Problems
By freedom_tip on 12/26/05 15:25 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Overall I would have to say that I do enjoy the car when it isn't back at the dealership getting serviced. I have had problems with the brakes squeeking, rotors going bad, sunroof sticking, and as a result of the sunroof my headliner has been dripping water like crazy. Also the stereo fades in and out. Oh, and "6 speaker system", don't plan on finding the other 2 speakers, there is only 4. The performance isn't what I figured it would be for an SS, but hey can't get everything.

Not happy
By impala on 11/30/05 16:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car in Jan of '04 . I have owned Chevys for about 40 yrs and was allways happy with them . However the '04 was noisy from the start. The dealer said it was the tires. They went to Goodyear this year. Changing the tires helped some but road noise is still bad .Windows fog up whenever it rains. I don't think I will be buying another Chevy any time soon. Find visibilty very poor

In love with my Impalla SS
By Annette on 11/16/05 12:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my Chevy Impalla SS for over a year now and am in love. This car is almost everything I hoped it would be. It handles like a pro on the express way and can pass just about anything out there. The gas mileage could be better, but being supercharged, its ok with me. I would recommend this car for someone who is looking for affordable luxury with a kick. This car is also very accomidating to teens. the back seat is very roomy and the trunk has pleanty of space for travel.

Disappointing Mileage for 3.4L
By retsoor on 07/10/05 13:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this '04 Impala is great! It's a good solid car and comfy to drive. Disappointed with fuel mileage. Top mileage for this 3.4L has only been 27.3 MPG. Besides everyday use, I use it to haul kayaks and bicycles . Had spoiler and alloy wheels installed. It has never let me down, though. Had a 2001 base Impala that was horrible. It spent more time in service department than on the road. Feel '04 Impala was overpriced but got a $4000 rebate and good price on trade-in. Yes, I would buy another base Impala. No car is perfect.

Bang for your buck
By Gerald Del Sasso on 05/19/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I read reviews about the impala and I was couldnt help to notice Cheverolet advertised this large car was best in class gas mileage. So I took it for a test drive and I have been smiling ever since. I am so happy I bought this car and it's alot more than I thought I could afford. The 200 HP 3.8L has some giddy-up and around town and I am still averaging over 28mpg according to the trip computer it came with. The XM package coupled with the 200W stereo make this car a must have for anyone who has drives 15000 a year. Dont take my word for it, you wont believe how far you dollar will stretch.

Good Car
By Jason on 05/15/05 19:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just got this car 2 weeks ago and have found it to be nothing but a pleasure. I was a little concerned when i seen the brown sludge under the radiator cap, but was relieved when the dealer told me it is a sealent put there from the factory. The room in this car is amazing, at least coming from my old car, a 1997 Dodge Stratus.

My red Impala
By jesse'scar on 05/03/05 11:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is by far the BEST I have ever owned (Stratus,Intrepid,Corolla,Mustang)! I had waited 2 yrs to purchase an Impala and let me tell you, it was worth the wait! The drive is incredible! So smooth and quiet and the acceleration and cornering is impressive! Gas mileage is great for a larger car (22/32). The interior is full of room and trunk size is amazing. My kids and hubby (big guy!) fit perfectly and comfortably. The stereo has lots of different features (auto volume,radio data system,)and sounds fantastic! This car turns heads constantly (especially when it's clean and BRIGHT red!).

2004 Chevrolet Impala Base Sedan
By G Simpson on 04/11/05 10:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is a modern stylish sedan with plenty of passenger room, trunk space, and a responsive engine that accelerates when you need it, yet gets excellent gas mileage! I love my Impala and am thinking about trading my other car for another Impala.

An Excellent Car and An Excellent Value
By West Coast Pat on 04/06/05 23:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought our 2004 Chevrolet Impala LS on the last day of 2004 and we've been extremely pleased with our purchase. Our other car is a Toyota Corolla so we visited the Chevy dealership with reservations but were quite impressed with the build quality we saw there. Our car has perfectly-aligned, narrow panel gaps, high-quality materials and a very comfortable interior. The 3.8 liter V6 is quiet and strong and provides great gas mileage. My wife loves the heated seats. No other car offers so many features and value for your car-buying dollar and the Camry and Accord can't even come close. You pay for the name with those cars and you pay for a great car with the Impala.