2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Best Car I've owned so far
By Chris William on 12/13/06 16:25 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned several cars, and I try to run them all until they give out. I've owned Ford, Isuzu, Nissan and others, but this car has been the best. I drive 70 miles a day round trip and love the handling, acceleration and comfort. Even though others have gotten more MPG, I only get 26 on the highway. Also, if you're over 6ft tall like me, you will love the leg room in both the front and back. The only problem I have with the vehicle is the stereo system. I know people today are into a lot of bass, but I like my sound well rounded. This system puts a too much bass for me, and is difficult to adjust to just the right amount. Minor problem for a great car.

Poor Quality Impala
By Jerrys Impala on 12/06/06 00:51 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first new car and it has been a horrible car. The motor burned oil for the 1st 10,000 miles when the dealer finally agreed to fix it. The service writers just laugh when the car comes in. GM has even given it an extended warranty because of all the problems. The car is great to drive with all the options when it is holding together. The car was getting 31mpg hwy when they reflashed the computer and now it gets 24mpg and the dealer says that is OK. I am now selling the car. Impalas are great cars. But I won't buy GM for a while until GM and their dealers get it together.

Awesome Car!
By David on 11/14/06 18:54 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love Chevy, The Impala is an awesome car, and extremely reliable. Never have any problems with mine. I put a lot of miles on it, and it still has the power and comfort.

Neat car
By Brian on 10/31/06 07:20 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in Aug 2003 when it first came out. I now have 72,000 miles on it and no complaints. It has only needed basic service. It needed new tires at 50K and new brakes at 60K. Only normal service issues. Three car seats fit in the back. Cornering has been excellent, expressway driving has been excellent 30+ mpg at 70 mph. Local driving averages 25 mpg. Could use a better sound system.

Great car at a great price
By Wil4189 on 10/07/06 09:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I pruchased this car with 25,000 miles, and have put 36,000 on myself. The most major repair has been the replacement of lubricant in the steering shaft, cost a whole $100. I am ecstatic with my gas mileage. I drive 500 miles a week, and I average 28 to 32 miles per gallon. Runs smooth with a great ride. Very minor road noise but nothing major. For a car with only 180hp, it does move when you want it to. It has great styling, I love the design of the dash and gauges. The outside has a great apperance and stance. I have added some custom floor mats and upgraded the stereo by a lot. I will be adding tint and rims soon! However, if you're planning on an Impala, get one with an autodimming mirror!

Great car
By Becky King on 09/03/06 13:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great, solid car. Sporty enough for a middle aged gal like myself, but grown up enough for a middle aged gal like myself. It handles great, and has a good solid feel. There is little cabin noise, and there is plenty of room for passengers. All of the controls are comfortably placed. In fact, I prefer it to newer models I have driven. I average about 29 mpg on the highway, and 22 mph in town.

2004 Impala LS
By Bob C - Long Island on 08/21/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has proved to be 95% of what I had hoped it would be. It is very comfortable, fuel efficient, plenty of room and performance is decent. I have 18,000 miles on it without any major problems and only one minor intermittent problem with dashboard lighting - sometimes becomes very dim, but only during daytime. I definitely recommend this car for anyone wanting a comfortable, safe and reliable car.

Half-way there
By Big T on 05/02/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a nice ride which has a lot going for it. The 280lb-ft of torque is above average. The car is big, roomy, comfortable, and has a huge frickin trunk. Interior and Exterior styling is OK. (In my opinion the 2006 has a better interior, but worse exterior.) An SS needs to be a V8 rear wheel drive. The 2006 get us SS fans half way there.

Good basic transportation
By chick molitor on 03/16/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala has been a good car for my needs as a sales rep, putting on over 50,000 miles a year. Nothing spectacular in performance, just good reliable transportation

I love it
By sjhooper on 03/05/06 18:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I drove an '06 Impala, Accord, Ford 500, Camray, and Altima. When I found this '04 LS with 19000 miles on it sitting in the front row with a $14,900 sticker on it - I fell in love. It has leather, a moonroof and all of the options. Any of the new ones with the same equipment would have run me at leat $12,000 more. I love the car, the ride, the way it looks, the gas mileage and the smell of all of that money in my pocket. If you see an '04 or 05' LS sitting in a lot - take a look and then take a drive. You'll be glad that you did!!! HEY - I LOVE depreciation! If I drive this car for three years I will only lose about $3000 in depreatiation - thank you to person that drove it first!