Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Horrible
By Never Again

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 new with maybe 500-1000 miles on it. They had to replace the dashboard, carpet, starter and thermostat while it was still under warranty. Now that it is not and I own it, it is falling apart. I have just replaced the thermostat and now they are saying it may need a new radiator.

Favorite Features

I like the size and the trunk is a great but not worth the hassle.

Suggested Improvements

I have no idea where to stop because I don't know where my repairs are going to end. I guess that is why I see so many of them on the road, apparently GM was giving them away!

OUTSTANDING CAR
By robert

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

O my gosh where to start it rides smooth looks clean love the body style chorm wheels, the only problem is the dang traction light and the check engine light keeps coming on when the weather change, kind confess other than that love it to death.

Favorite Features

wheels , the body style , gas mileage and the sporty look

Suggested Improvements

do something about the bugs in the warning light , traction you could do away with having68.191.182.50 it hook up to the abs is not good , don't know where to start at to fix the problem

Don't Buy Impala
By don't buy impala

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Security Light comes on and car won't start for 10 min. Started once a month now 2 times a day. Talked to Chevy but no solution and no hope for a recall. Looked on-line for solution and found many people with same problem. They only have temp solution for $800 or more. This problem is a safety issue and needs to be recalled. Are you listening Chevy?

Favorite Features

Good radio but wont play MP3 as advertised. CD's come out very hot when ejected.

Suggested Improvements

Recall and Fix the Security issue.

GONE!
By happyitsgone

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car had a nice feel like a older full sized car. The quality was horrible i have never had a car that required more repairs and was on a downhill slide then that car. Fuel regulator, wheel studs, water pump, transmission, etc... The resale value was horrible, just recently got rid of it and purchased a nissan.

Favorite Features

The ride when i first purchased it was nice like a comfortable full sized car.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, never have i had a vehicle turn into junk before my eyes like this vehicle. I guess that's why this style and vehicle are no longer are offered from GM.

No More GM`S
By No More GM`S

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new. 3000 miles ac compressor froze. 2 steering racks replaced before 55,000 miles. Manifold gasket let go at 60,000 miles. Speedometer sometimes will not work9 (no safety issue here). Now the transmission will occassionally slip when taking off.

Favorite Features

I hope to be dumping it soon.