2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
OUTSTANDING CAR
By robert on 10/06/09 22:50 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

O my gosh where to start it rides smooth looks clean love the body style chorm wheels, the only problem is the dang traction light and the check engine light keeps coming on when the weather change, kind confess other than that love it to death.

Don't Buy Impala
By don't buy impala on 09/16/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Security Light comes on and car won't start for 10 min. Started once a month now 2 times a day. Talked to Chevy but no solution and no hope for a recall. Looked on-line for solution and found many people with same problem. They only have temp solution for $800 or more. This problem is a safety issue and needs to be recalled. Are you listening Chevy?

GONE!
By happyitsgone on 09/13/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car had a nice feel like a older full sized car. The quality was horrible i have never had a car that required more repairs and was on a downhill slide then that car. Fuel regulator, wheel studs, water pump, transmission, etc... The resale value was horrible, just recently got rid of it and purchased a nissan.

No More GM`S
By No More GM`S on 08/20/09 09:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new. 3000 miles ac compressor froze. 2 steering racks replaced before 55,000 miles. Manifold gasket let go at 60,000 miles. Speedometer sometimes will not work9 (no safety issue here). Now the transmission will occassionally slip when taking off.

JUNK
By Kyle on 08/19/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

04 impala LS/3.8L/90k miles. CClunking in steering wheel, ABS/traction control lights coming on at random, ABS pump coming on at random, cruise control malfunction, loud whining when I turn. I replaced all rotors and brakes, replaced struts, new tires replaced front wheel hubs, alternator, "greased intermediate steering shaft" and aligned wheels. Car still has a slight shake when I drive, still getting the ABS/TC light, ABS pump still engages AND still a light occaisional clunk in the steering column. even went back myself with a multi meter to check each hub individually to see if a sensor failed and check for bad wiring. Checked out OK. I found the problem. All substandard components.

Best Car Ever
By gtb82l on 06/25/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Impala since we bought it new in 04. It is fast, smooth and comfortable, the most comfortable car I've ever ridden in. Seats six with an enormous trunk. We have had absolutely nothing but oil changes, and just recently brakes. I love this car and expect to get another 160,000 miles. We have the Bose stereo and it's the bomb!

Very pleased
By joedeemac on 06/21/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After driving a 97 Lumina over 110,000 miles with absolutely no trouble and excellent gas mileage I decided to try the Impala. So far this car has also been trouble free. Gas mileage is much better than the EPA rating. I've owned a Honda Accord which was a good car but I did have a few minor problems with. As long as I keep getting trouble free Chevys I'll keep buying them.

Nice Car,But Has Issues
By Mike on 05/27/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 36,000 miles. Rides Nice. Handles good. At 66,000 miles now and so far we had to replace intake gaskets (oil leaking into antifreeze) $650, water pump$200, steering $138 ( clunked when turning) and now p. C. M module in transmission $779 (shifting hard when cold or going up hill) and a wheel bearing! By reading comments from other people, all have had the same issue. Some not. Wow the impala use to be bulletproof

Poor quality car...
By jeremy on 04/16/09 18:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My mom bought this car new in 2004 for a really good price. It's a sturdy, good running, reliable car. However, the quality over the years has been terrible. The gas gauge went, the speedometer went, and the temperature gauge went. These I never got fixed because it would cost 450 dollars each to fix. Also, a security sensor went bad, and the car wouldn't start. That I had to pay for. It cost 450 dollars to fix. Also the dim switch went bad on the headlights. Had to get that fixed. Another 450 dollars!! This all happened by 80,000 miles. The gauges went bad at about 40,000 miles. This car was the worst in quality I have ever owned! Other than those things, the car is fine. It runs good.

Time to fix the Impala again : (
By dloc on 04/05/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevrolet Impala, Hmm hmm hmm. Where do I start. The exterior design is boring to say the least. The interior design even more boring. The heater/AC vents have all broken on my car (Thanks GM for really putting some effort into designing this car) I bought this car used in 2007. Right after I bought it the AC broke and the water pump went out. About $500 in repairs. What else is wrong with this car that shouldn't be: The cigarette lighter went out, the rear defroster went out, the back right window stopped rolling up, I had to replace the front wheel bearing assembly. Ohh and now it makes a loud annoying squeaking sound coming straight from the serpentine belt.