Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Imma Chevy Girl
By latashas

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've been blessed with the opportunity to drive multiple cars ranging from a 7 series BMW, a Cadillac Eldorado, and multiple chevy's. I love my chevy as a courrier I travel about 8 times more than the average person. Bought the car in 2007 with 50,000 miles and here it is three years later and I have over 194,000 on it. Every day I get in and it cranks right up regardless of what may be going on with it. I have had to make the obvious repairs to do wear and tear but I can tell you this, if you take care of your car it will take care of you.

I love the faux wood grain, the handle, the style, the ability for sixth person seating, and very large trunk. (The first day I popped the trunk, I climbed inside lol. Im no small girl and I had plenty of room). I Love my Impala

Very good Car.
By keving3

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I Owned this 2004 impala for 2 years now, My Parents bought it for my Dad to use at around 50,000 miles, then at around 85,000 they gave it to me. It is the best first car i had. I love the design, I just think the interior doesn't look as good as the exterior, as well as those dreadful body moldings, I prefer for it to be body colored like the LS package, but oh well.. Good car to be honest.

I love the spoiler, and the Aluminum wheels, I dislike the granny shifter that comes standard on the basic package.

well i personally think they should of had the body molding smoth out on all models starting from 2000, not just starting from 2005.

2004 Impala
By Greg

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Impala with 75K. A base base model but it has ABS and traction control. I get 26-27 mpg (80% hwy; 20% city). It's roomy, the trunk is enormous, it rides nice and hasn't given me any trouble in the 10 months and 19k miles I have owned and driven it. It will not raise your pulse with excitement, but it is a dependable driver with plenty of room and great mpg for its size. I have achieved over 30 mpg highway over a tankful of gas in the summer with the a/c on.

Room and MPG

It's hard to beat an old Chevy
By Impala Guy

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have a 2004 Impala that my wife bought new. It is a 3.4, but is loaded with the Sport Appearance Package, Sunroof, Aluminum Wheels, etc. We're up to 94,000 miles. All we've ever fixed was the water pump, replace the battery, and tires. Otherwise, it has been dead reliable, and serves us very well. It looks as good as it did the day we bought it inside and out. We just bought a new Impala to replace it, but the old one was so good, we decided to keep it as a second car.

Reliability, durability, looks, radio, dual climate control, lots of features like compass, thermometer, and fuel mileage calculator.

I think they really did a good job with this car.

Impala Review
By Sw

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new with on 26 miles on. I had all maintenance performed at the dealership & still do. At 70, 000 miles the vehicle started experiencing problems with the ABS & Traction Control while turning or slowing down at low speed. Also the instrument cluster stopped working i.e. speedometer, thermostat gauge, engine Rpm monitor. I had the thermostat replaced under warranty. GM should invest in better parts for a more reliable vehicle. Other than that I travel daily through 3 cities & the veh gets good mileage on the hwy.I would purchase another one only if GM modified their parts! This is the 2nd GM veh I have owned both brought new with the same problems, no more!

Leather seats, Bose System