Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

A car I can appreciate
By JoyceBob

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I think my next car will be a Corvette because I like the way they look.

GONE!
By happyitsgone

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The car had a nice feel like a older full sized car. The quality was horrible i have never had a car that required more repairs and was on a downhill slide then that car. Fuel regulator, wheel studs, water pump, transmission, etc... The resale value was horrible, just recently got rid of it and purchased a nissan.

Favorite Features

The ride when i first purchased it was nice like a comfortable full sized car.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, never have i had a vehicle turn into junk before my eyes like this vehicle. I guess that's why this style and vehicle are no longer are offered from GM.

So Far, Not So Good
By lpta2000

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car end of Jan., car in shop within 24 hrs b/c car won't start. Told nothing wrong, 2 days later same occurred, twice. In the garage since. A high volt code is causing electrical spike with anti- theft system, not allowing car to start. Data recoding sensor on car, & console went out/device shorted out. 2 weeks since purchase, GM/dealership unable to fix or replace vehicle. In rental 1+ wk. & have 1st pymt. due <2 wks. on car driven <3 days! Very diappointed! Hope just a lemon for me! In period of time in car, it performed well, driver friendly & good gas mileage. Plenty of leg room, trunk space & style.

Favorite Features

Premium sound system w/amplifier and CD gas economy power features

Suggested Improvements

ABS should be standard!!! Alternative power source outside of ashtray Bigger glove box Remove dividers inside armrest for more storage room

Nothing Compared
By retlem

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded my 2003 Nissan Altima to get this one because my payments were too high. This car feels like Im driving a boat. I miss the custom leather interior in the Altima and the very stylish ride. Also the gas in this car goes down twice as fast than the Altima.

Favorite Features

It has a cool message center. Very smooth acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

GAS!!!... Many people think that this car has great gas mileage, but you must experience the Nissan Altima and you will see a big difference in gas mileage.

Time to fix the Impala again : (
By dloc

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevrolet Impala, Hmm hmm hmm. Where do I start. The exterior design is boring to say the least. The interior design even more boring. The heater/AC vents have all broken on my car (Thanks GM for really putting some effort into designing this car) I bought this car used in 2007. Right after I bought it the AC broke and the water pump went out. About $500 in repairs. What else is wrong with this car that shouldn't be: The cigarette lighter went out, the rear defroster went out, the back right window stopped rolling up, I had to replace the front wheel bearing assembly. Ohh and now it makes a loud annoying squeaking sound coming straight from the serpentine belt.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Seats, sometimes make you want to fall asleep. I use to like the exterior until I realized it looks like a grandma's car. It's safe! Although I have the standard version which doesn't have ABS which stinks. Great passenger car that's fun to cruise around with a carload of people.

Suggested Improvements

I would just like GM to put more thought into their vehicles and make them more reliable because this car has been horrible nightmare of repairs one after the other. Everytime I fix everything something else breaks. I suggest buying an '06+