2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Finally a real sport sedan from Chevy
By RNis on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The Impala SS has the best build quality I have ever seen on a Chevy (and I have owned several in the last 15 years): No rattles,squeaks or wind noise. Excellent acceleration which will fool many drivers of more expensive luxury sedans(BMW's).No body roll in corners and excellent handling for front wheel drive. It's not a V8 or rear drive but very competent.

great car
By grafton on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I like the car, I was not happy that at only a year old (it is a 2002, and it had 42 thousand miles on it already. It runs great. It tells you when you need an oil change, washer fluid, all that. It runs great and very quiet!

Impala SS
By RD5 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've owned my Impala SS for one month and have 675 miles. It runs great, no lag from the supercharger and handles very well. The brakes are great, got 24.2 mpg on my first tank.

2004 Impala SS
By RepeatChevyDriver on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Having been tempted to purchase a new Impala SS in 1996 but not doing so and observing the cult following the model has had since 1996, it was intriguing to hear that a 2004 version was being built. The current SS will never have the same aura as the '94-'96 rigs because of its FWD V6 configuration, but it is still a marked improvement over the base and LS models. The 2004 Impala SS is also a great bargain in comparison to other similarly equipped vehicles. It feels great to drive and has a lot of available acceleration at any speed. I may seriously consider trading it in, though, if the rumors are true and a RWD V8 Impala is on the way.

04 SS Impala
By AZNeil04SS on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car.

04 impala ss
By coolestcatintownyo on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

coolest car ever, except for the lack of a v8 and convertibility

SS FUN
By EMO on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

On delivery-no scratches, wax on car, hand dirt in interior (poor prep), car jumps (low end torque), rides good on highway and turns are fun, 27.3 mpg on first tank (premium only), lots of looks, everyone speeds up when they see you, wheels are easy to clean (even the back of the wheels). This is a fun car that looks, rides, and runs like a champ-your reviewer can have all the Japanese refinement he wants- I'll take the FUN!

Impala = SOLID FAMILY CAR
By Heathr1213 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 33 yr old woman with a husband and 2 children ages 7yrs and 3yrs old. The Impala by far has been the best family car I have ever owned. The child safty features are top of the line. The space inside the car is very large. Boys will be boys and mine tend to disagree often and this car provides the space they need to be in there own space and not invade the others personal zone. :) Did I mention the trunk is huge! My last car was a Mazda 626 and I felt I never had enough interior room or trunk space, well I have been spoiled by my Impala..plain and simple!

outstanding!!
By Alilclassy on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

great car - Mine has all the options available except the sporty Corvette- inspired rearend which I hate the look of anyway. My first experience was renting one in January 2002 and ever since, I'd had my eye on them. Smooth ride, excellent handling, plush comfort, reasonable price for the options I have. Highly recommend.

My New SS Impala
By Elliot Dulberger on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Have only had it a week or so but since it is Chevy's newest Impala wanted to share my views on it. Traded a 02 LS Impala with only 7800 miles that I truly enjoyed but had to have the newest model. I like the heavier feel to the SS and altho I am not a lead foot I can tell it has power to spare compared to the 02. The concept of the SS has always been performance and I think this car will give this to those who desire it.