Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Buy It
By susann

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very Smooth driving. Comfortable seats. Feel safe and secure. This is my first and last car I will own !

Favorite Features

Mirror fades so lights dont to hurt your eyes.All Electric.Radio amp sounds excellent !

Suggested Improvements

Horn needs to sound when car locks.passenger Seat should be electric so it can move like the driver side seat.

My First Brand New Car
By SMoothDrRod

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

So for the first time in my life, I actually went out looking for a car, a brand new car. I wanted decent space, comfortable yet competent handling, etc. and I ultimately ended spend 2 months going through all of the local delearships in my area test driving every car in the "Large Sedan" Class. Ultimately it came down to a 2004 Accord V-6, or the 2004 Impala SS. The accord takes forever to downshift (when I press the gas down, I expect the machine to down shift) and the Transmission of the accord was a little less smooth in comparison to the ultra silky performance of the Impala's transmission. In a word overall this vehicle is amazing.

Favorite Features

Quick shifting transmission (Best performance in automatics) Transmission so smooth fear changes are only perceptible only extreme acceleration, even then if you are paying attention, you will not notice. Leather Quality is superb period Ride comfort racing around or daily driving

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone else, I am annoyed with the lack of a light for the glove box. GM is going to Meddle with this amazing car at the end of 2005 model year

2004 Impala
By geo341

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is a nice car, I think leather interior would be better for comfort, I like the option of no ABS, I feel the car stops a lot better.

Favorite Features

Sun roof

Excellent Value
By LordDash

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased an SS model Impala (when I was actually only looking to buy an LS) when i realized the dealership I was at had over $7000 in rebates. I had never test driven the SS, so when I took it for a spin, I loved the performance and the handling. It is lightning quick, and quite agile for a large sedan.

Favorite Features

You have to love the the 240 horsepower supercharged engine. It gets up and moves like nobodys business. The 200 watt stero is exceptional, and probably gets louder than most people can tolerate. the XM satellite is a nice feature as well.

Suggested Improvements

More interior lamps. A cover for the Space below the Dash would be nice. The Interior could have a more refined luxury sedan look as opposed to being so Truck like, and I wish the information computer was standard. Especially on the LS and SS models.

Great Car
By top gun

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Fun to drive. Great features.

Favorite Features

Supercharger. Rocing stereo

Suggested Improvements

None.