2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
It's hard to beat an old Chevy
By Impala Guy on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have a 2004 Impala that my wife bought new. It is a 3.4, but is loaded with the Sport Appearance Package, Sunroof, Aluminum Wheels, etc. We're up to 94,000 miles. All we've ever fixed was the water pump, replace the battery, and tires. Otherwise, it has been dead reliable, and serves us very well. It looks as good as it did the day we bought it inside and out. We just bought a new Impala to replace it, but the old one was so good, we decided to keep it as a second car.

Impala Review
By Sw on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new with on 26 miles on. I had all maintenance performed at the dealership & still do. At 70, 000 miles the vehicle started experiencing problems with the ABS & Traction Control while turning or slowing down at low speed. Also the instrument cluster stopped working i.e. speedometer, thermostat gauge, engine Rpm monitor. I had the thermostat replaced under warranty. GM should invest in better parts for a more reliable vehicle. Other than that I travel daily through 3 cities & the veh gets good mileage on the hwy.I would purchase another one only if GM modified their parts! This is the 2nd GM veh I have owned both brought new with the same problems, no more!

Great Car
By JFO5 on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love this car. Purchased car w/ 30K on it. 276,000 miles and It is still serving me very well. I use Mobile 1 Ext ser oil & a Wix filter & Mobile 1 trans fluid. Chg the coolant apx every 50- 70K & it just keeps running. Avg hwy mpg dropped to 28.5 so I changed the plugs (iridium) & wires ( Borg Warner Select) & I'm back to 34 + Chg the oil & rotate tires every 10K. Use quality parts & regular service intervals.

Good Car
By Kevin on 08/10/10 09:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought with 34K miles and now have 156K. I have replaced wheel bearings at 90K and brakes a few times. Issues I am having now is traction control light on, ABS, Check engine. The security light comes on when I try to start it and it won't let me start for 10-15 minutes. It has never left me stranded and gets 30 mpg. Driver seat has no lumbar support. Heating element in driver seat went out at 55K.

First 1 i've owned after driving several
By little joe on 06/11/10 20:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Most of the variations of the impalas I've driven have been very good and dependable. The one I have just bought recently seems to be very dependable. It has been well maintained other than rock chips all over the hood, (former owners lived on a dirt and gravel road). It has a lot of miles, mostly long distance highway travel. The paint seems to be original and other than being enamel instead of lacquer, it has a quality paint job. The interior is very pleasing to the eye, except for the carpet. The exterior and steering wheel that should be a dark Gray or black color. I'd buy all I could find of them if I could afford to (most would be used for passenger transportation in a shuttle business).

GM needs to do better
By craig dickinson on 06/08/10 07:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Owned the vehicle for 4 years. Bought it with 29,000 miles on it; traded it at 90,000 miles. Great 1st two years of ownership. Comfortable back seat, great on long trips, liked the exterior styling. Interior did not hold up. Seat material started looking like an old sweater, paint on interior controls faded away, front seats squeaked endlessly etc. Started getting nickeled and dimed with 150-250 dollar repairs around 70,000 miles; tranny went out at 90k. Bottom line, the car seemed to age very poorly. Would not recommend it as a used car purchase.

Love love love my Chevy Impala
By julie on 05/14/10 18:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Chevy Impala SS new and I love it. I did have some problems right after I bought it with something in the steering column which I must admit was very frustrating but this car has started every day for the last 6 years without fail. It has definite power when called upon. This car is a great car and I plan on driving it for many years to come!

Love it
By love my Impala on 04/11/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have 116,000.00 miles on my Impala, bought it new. Other than normal wear and tear, I have had no issues. I am actually considering buying another one for my next vehicle. I love it!

2004 Impala
By Paula K on 04/06/10 05:16 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many different vehicles over the years, but my 2004 Impala that I own now has been wonderful. It had 51K miles on when I bought it, but it has been completely dependable. Living in Minnesota with the sometimes extreme weather conditions, it has always started on the first try and gotten me thru to where ever I was going no matter what the road conditions. I have driven it to Florida 4 times and the gas mileage averaged out at 39mpg on the open road! I have had to replace the water pump, tires, a gasket, and the dash computer chip; but I love this car. I hope to have many more years with my Impala! I know I can depend on it.

Impala
By Phil on 03/20/10 19:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We had purchased new in 2004, On the most part I like my Impala. Drives on the highway very well. The interior could be better designed IE:parts used fill cheap, Cup holders are on the arm rest in between driver and front passenger placing a cup of coffee is very awkward, Interior lighting is not placed to help you see, Map lights are built into the mirror and you have to lean forward to see the map. The radio has problems with the reception, I am told it is because of the back window defroster. The suspension could have been better designed We are on our third set of tires, Second set of rotors front and back, Replaced the heater blower, Alignment each time the tires were changed.