2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
First 1 i've owned after driving several
By little joe on 06/11/10 20:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Most of the variations of the impalas I've driven have been very good and dependable. The one I have just bought recently seems to be very dependable. It has been well maintained other than rock chips all over the hood, (former owners lived on a dirt and gravel road). It has a lot of miles, mostly long distance highway travel. The paint seems to be original and other than being enamel instead of lacquer, it has a quality paint job. The interior is very pleasing to the eye, except for the carpet. The exterior and steering wheel that should be a dark Gray or black color. I'd buy all I could find of them if I could afford to (most would be used for passenger transportation in a shuttle business).

Love love love my Chevy Impala
By julie on 05/14/10 18:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Chevy Impala SS new and I love it. I did have some problems right after I bought it with something in the steering column which I must admit was very frustrating but this car has started every day for the last 6 years without fail. It has definite power when called upon. This car is a great car and I plan on driving it for many years to come!

Love it
By love my Impala on 04/11/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have 116,000.00 miles on my Impala, bought it new. Other than normal wear and tear, I have had no issues. I am actually considering buying another one for my next vehicle. I love it!

Chevy Needs to Prove they Build Quality
By Jennsavage on 02/01/10 10:51 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased this car about 4 years ago. It had about 35k on it and I purchased an extended warranty for another 35k. I have a black one and the paint job is really cheap looking. IF you have tinted windows, you can't get good reception from the AM radio. After owning the vehicle 1 year we had to replace the radiator, fortunately it was covered under the warranty I had purchased, otherwise that would have cost an about $1500.00 to fix. I can hear a clunk in the steering column, which might be a lose linkage somewhere, but disconcerting. The vehicle and plummeted in value since I purchased it.

Great Car
By Don on 01/30/10 00:38 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We loved the car overall until the last year. It was a lease car. Most of the time when we got the car up to 50mph the car began to shake and lunge and lurch like it was hurting for gas. We took the car into several car dealers to fix it and they thought we were crazy. We did find one dealer that could see it, but was never able to get it to do it at the right time for the computer to tell there what to fix. Well, after the lease we were sad to give it up, but some poor person probably has it now.

Last Chevy I Will Ever Buy
By bernard on 12/20/09 00:15 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Speedometer went out at 66,000 miles ($379.93). Light went out on climate control, have to replace whole unit ($336.60). Sometimes windshield wipers don`t work at all. Or won't shut off. Service Traction System light comes on occasionally, then does upon restarting. It seems to me that there is some kind of electrical issue with these cars, as many people experience the same problems.

Good Traveling Car
By Henry757 on 02/09/09 09:21 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is pretty nice. I have the SS super charged. It's a lot better on gas mileage than I expected. It didn't even take a half a tank of gas to get from where I live to my family's house, like it normally does on the Toyota Camry I had before I traded it for this car. It seems I got a good deal trading in that old Toyota Camry for this Chevy!

Awesome SS
By Jeff on 12/27/08 12:13 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This car is fun to drive and the heated seat sare nice. The performance is excellent. Looks very sharp when polished. Chrome wheels look good.

Love it!
By Stephanie on 02/26/08 11:49 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love my Impala SS Indy Limited edition. It has been an overall great car! It is comfortable, fun to drive, and the sterreo is awesome! My only complaint with this vehicle is having to put premium gas in it. Ooch! It is not a winter vehicle unless you live somewhere that doesn't get any snow!

Some Problems
By Don on 05/11/07 16:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a fun car to drive. We have had some problems with the engine/SS/fuel injectors. The car is still under warranty. The car begins to sputter driving over 40 mph when you hit the gas peddle. Also, the power steering seems to be going out. Something loose in the column and getting harder to turn when driving slower. Chevy dealers can't seem to find the problem.