Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Most Helpful|
absolutely perfect
By gerrith

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a better car. I fell in love with my impala the second I drove it. Their not joking when they say "torquey v6". Its definitely got power to it, with a nice little intake rumble as a bonus! I never had any major problems with it. Everyday wear and tear such as transmission fluid changes, brake rotors and pads, and one of my bulbs went out. I was always working on my previous cars whether it was a valve cover gasket, tie rods, struts, water pump, alternator, etc. This car needed nothing! I bought it at 224,000 miles, and drove it to 261,000 miles, and it never gave me a single issue. Every time I stuck the key in the ignition, it was ready to go! 10/10!!!!

Favorite Features

Everything is where it should be, very easy and cheap to work on, extremely reliable, amazing gas mileage without compromising power, smooth and comfortable ride, everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

They could have lowered the car rougly 1.2" for appearance, but no complaints!

Great car
By railroad37

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2004 chevy impala at 30,000 miles or 50k 4 years ago and never got stranded or experienced any issues with it besides wear and tear. I am now at 112,000 miles or 187k on it and it still runs like new and still great body no rust. I live in Ontario, Canada and I have done plenty of highway with it including a trip to British Columbia and Oregon Coast with it 2 summers ago and plan to do another trip to California with it soon... I have to say the only issues I have got were little things before such as traction control and abs of course, but that problem went away last summer when I replaced the wheel bearings because the TC and abs have sensors on the bearings.

Favorite Features

I like everything about the impala, they're reliable cars.

Suggested Improvements

well someday we will have to find an alternative to gas, bio-deisel would be great or electric if they could be just as reliable

Most reliable car i've ever seen
By tim_koehler

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My dad drove this car on a 30 or so mile comute everyday untill i got it in January of 2011. The Impala was handed to me and i expected a little out of it but it has done so much better then i expected. This last winter i was busting drifts with it that trucks couldn't get through! Decent gas mileage the only complaint is i took out the head unit to instal an after-market one and boy was it a mess. We had to get it profesionally done there were so many wires. Great car and i easily recomend it!

Favorite Features

Amazing ride and reliablity

Suggested Improvements

Allow rear windows to go all the way down

Good Car
By Kevin

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought with 34K miles and now have 156K. I have replaced wheel bearings at 90K and brakes a few times. Issues I am having now is traction control light on, ABS, Check engine. The security light comes on when I try to start it and it won't let me start for 10-15 minutes. It has never left me stranded and gets 30 mpg. Driver seat has no lumbar support. Heating element in driver seat went out at 55K.

Favorite Features

gas mileage and engine is reliable

Suggested Improvements

better seats

Impala Review
By Sw

2004 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle brand new with on 26 miles on. I had all maintenance performed at the dealership & still do. At 70, 000 miles the vehicle started experiencing problems with the ABS & Traction Control while turning or slowing down at low speed. Also the instrument cluster stopped working i.e. speedometer, thermostat gauge, engine Rpm monitor. I had the thermostat replaced under warranty. GM should invest in better parts for a more reliable vehicle. Other than that I travel daily through 3 cities & the veh gets good mileage on the hwy.I would purchase another one only if GM modified their parts! This is the 2nd GM veh I have owned both brought new with the same problems, no more!

Favorite Features

Leather seats, Bose System

Suggested Improvements

Improve the electrical system & ABS