Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

First 1 i've owned after driving several
By little joe

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Most of the variations of the impalas I've driven have been very good and dependable. The one I have just bought recently seems to be very dependable. It has been well maintained other than rock chips all over the hood, (former owners lived on a dirt and gravel road). It has a lot of miles, mostly long distance highway travel. The paint seems to be original and other than being enamel instead of lacquer, it has a quality paint job. The interior is very pleasing to the eye, except for the carpet. The exterior and steering wheel that should be a dark Gray or black color. I'd buy all I could find of them if I could afford to (most would be used for passenger transportation in a shuttle business).

they are roomy enough for for passengers to ride comfortably. the exterior body style is very appealing. (if you look at it just right you can see various other Chevrolet features, like corvette taillights) the available power in case you need it. the fact it is not related to a Chrysler, or Nissan!

use the 14 or 15 inch mag wheels used on the 78 thrpugh 83 Malibus, Monte Carlos, etc. instead of the 16 and 17 inch wheels that you can't afford to buy tires for. do away with the computers and the airbags. return to rear wheel drive and v8 engines. if you drive them correctly they are cheaper on gas.

Love love love my Chevy Impala
By julie

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Chevy Impala SS new and I love it. I did have some problems right after I bought it with something in the steering column which I must admit was very frustrating but this car has started every day for the last 6 years without fail. It has definite power when called upon. This car is a great car and I plan on driving it for many years to come!

the super charger. the roominess, the truck space is unbelievable. the heated seats are so nice.

Love it
By love my Impala

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have 116,000.00 miles on my Impala, bought it new. Other than normal wear and tear, I have had no issues. I am actually considering buying another one for my next vehicle. I love it!

looks, comfort

Chevy Needs to Prove they Build Quality
By Jennsavage

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased this car about 4 years ago. It had about 35k on it and I purchased an extended warranty for another 35k. I have a black one and the paint job is really cheap looking. IF you have tinted windows, you can't get good reception from the AM radio. After owning the vehicle 1 year we had to replace the radiator, fortunately it was covered under the warranty I had purchased, otherwise that would have cost an about $1500.00 to fix. I can hear a clunk in the steering column, which might be a lose linkage somewhere, but disconcerting. The vehicle and plummeted in value since I purchased it.

Leather seats, get up and go with the supercharger

Better quality, better paint, a radio that works with tinted windows.

Great Car
By Don

2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We loved the car overall until the last year. It was a lease car. Most of the time when we got the car up to 50mph the car began to shake and lunge and lurch like it was hurting for gas. We took the car into several car dealers to fix it and they thought we were crazy. We did find one dealer that could see it, but was never able to get it to do it at the right time for the computer to tell there what to fix. Well, after the lease we were sad to give it up, but some poor person probably has it now.

the power

dealers need to start listening the the owners that are driving the car on a regular basis to fix problems.