Used 2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

absolutely perfect
By gerrith

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a better car. I fell in love with my impala the second I drove it. Their not joking when they say "torquey v6". Its definitely got power to it, with a nice little intake rumble as a bonus! I never had any major problems with it. Everyday wear and tear such as transmission fluid changes, brake rotors and pads, and one of my bulbs went out. I was always working on my previous cars whether it was a valve cover gasket, tie rods, struts, water pump, alternator, etc. This car needed nothing! I bought it at 224,000 miles, and drove it to 261,000 miles, and it never gave me a single issue. Every time I stuck the key in the ignition, it was ready to go! 10/10!!!!

Favorite Features

Everything is where it should be, very easy and cheap to work on, extremely reliable, amazing gas mileage without compromising power, smooth and comfortable ride, everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

They could have lowered the car rougly 1.2" for appearance, but no complaints!

Great family sedan
By jtemple5

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car used in 2012 with around 55K miles, and have only had a few minor issues which are to be expected. The front bench seat has helped when the kids friends are over, and the trunk space fits everything we needed it to for a long vacation. Excellent in all weather, great comfort, and a great value, it even survived a fairly serious accident and was able to be completely repaired - a great solid GM car like all my others have been!

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, great handling for the size, excellent in the snow, overall quality.

Good car, great value
By renoron

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had to replace the battery 2 times in 9 years I've had this car. I attribute this to the difficult climates of the Las Vegas summer (116 daytime highs) and the Reno Winters it has had to endure (7 degree mornings). Two water pumps, and two fuel pressure regulators (one of which was due to a defective replacement part). Other than that, it's spoiled me as it doesn't leak anything, runs smooth, and has me expecting it to start reliably. I also put a set of Michelins on it at 30000 miles. First car I bought with my wife the year our baby daughter was born (new). Hope I can keep it going like my wife's 73 Cougar.

Favorite Features

Too bad Chevy didn't keep this one in production as it was a winner. Exterior design is wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Cooling system, interior could be made more luxurious.

Ridiculously Reliable
By ekkuru

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from my dad, with nearly two-hundred thousand miles on it. Granted, he treated that thing well, but it's still rolling like new. The only problems it's had was a broken fuel gauge and a warped rotor.

Just a nightmare
By krzykowski

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start? Bought it with 28K miles in 2006, and sold it for junk last week. Passlock problems, oil in the coolant, gauges that are all over the map. People who seem to know what they're talking about say the 3.4 engine is the problem...that the other engines are fine. But before dying, my children referred to this car as the 'Adventuremobile' because more often than not a trip in the Impala was an adventure. Stay away from the 3.4 engine!