2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great family sedan
By jtemple5 on 07/05/13 18:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car used in 2012 with around 55K miles, and have only had a few minor issues which are to be expected. The front bench seat has helped when the kids friends are over, and the trunk space fits everything we needed it to for a long vacation. Excellent in all weather, great comfort, and a great value, it even survived a fairly serious accident and was able to be completely repaired - a great solid GM car like all my others have been!

Good car, great value
By renoron on 04/12/13 11:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had to replace the battery 2 times in 9 years I've had this car. I attribute this to the difficult climates of the Las Vegas summer (116 daytime highs) and the Reno Winters it has had to endure (7 degree mornings). Two water pumps, and two fuel pressure regulators (one of which was due to a defective replacement part). Other than that, it's spoiled me as it doesn't leak anything, runs smooth, and has me expecting it to start reliably. I also put a set of Michelins on it at 30000 miles. First car I bought with my wife the year our baby daughter was born (new). Hope I can keep it going like my wife's 73 Cougar.

Ridiculously Reliable
By ekkuru on 03/15/12 05:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from my dad, with nearly two-hundred thousand miles on it. Granted, he treated that thing well, but it's still rolling like new. The only problems it's had was a broken fuel gauge and a warped rotor.

Just a nightmare
By krzykowski on 02/04/12 19:14 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Where do I start? Bought it with 28K miles in 2006, and sold it for junk last week. Passlock problems, oil in the coolant, gauges that are all over the map. People who seem to know what they're talking about say the 3.4 engine is the problem...that the other engines are fine. But before dying, my children referred to this car as the 'Adventuremobile' because more often than not a trip in the Impala was an adventure. Stay away from the 3.4 engine!

Just a good overall car
By 99snitsky on 11/18/11 04:58 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car used with 40k. The ride is smooth and you don't feel the bumps unless they are huge. The engine is underpowered for the car at only 180 hp. The seats are comfortable but the middle seat connects to the driver seat which is stupid. The interior is very boring and cheap with cheap plastics and no features, it came with a tape player, so I had to get a CD player. The exterior is nice, esp. the tailights, the paint has a nice shine. The trunk is huge, so you have lots of room for things. Reliable, starts up 1st try. Routine maintenance, wear an tear. The brakes are bad, put hard on to stop, and need replacing often. Other than that turn signals, rack/pinoin lubricating, muffller

Most reliable car i've ever seen
By tim_koehler on 06/09/11 19:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My dad drove this car on a 30 or so mile comute everyday untill i got it in January of 2011. The Impala was handed to me and i expected a little out of it but it has done so much better then i expected. This last winter i was busting drifts with it that trucks couldn't get through! Decent gas mileage the only complaint is i took out the head unit to instal an after-market one and boy was it a mess. We had to get it profesionally done there were so many wires. Great car and i easily recomend it!

Great car
By railroad37 on 06/02/11 04:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2004 chevy impala at 30,000 miles or 50k 4 years ago and never got stranded or experienced any issues with it besides wear and tear. I am now at 112,000 miles or 187k on it and it still runs like new and still great body no rust. I live in Ontario, Canada and I have done plenty of highway with it including a trip to British Columbia and Oregon Coast with it 2 summers ago and plan to do another trip to California with it soon... I have to say the only issues I have got were little things before such as traction control and abs of course, but that problem went away last summer when I replaced the wheel bearings because the TC and abs have sensors on the bearings.

Imma Chevy Girl
By latashas on 01/06/11 19:45 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've been blessed with the opportunity to drive multiple cars ranging from a 7 series BMW, a Cadillac Eldorado, and multiple chevy's. I love my chevy as a courrier I travel about 8 times more than the average person. Bought the car in 2007 with 50,000 miles and here it is three years later and I have over 194,000 on it. Every day I get in and it cranks right up regardless of what may be going on with it. I have had to make the obvious repairs to do wear and tear but I can tell you this, if you take care of your car it will take care of you.

Very good Car.
By keving3 on 12/24/10 11:23 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I Owned this 2004 impala for 2 years now, My Parents bought it for my Dad to use at around 50,000 miles, then at around 85,000 they gave it to me. It is the best first car i had. I love the design, I just think the interior doesn't look as good as the exterior, as well as those dreadful body moldings, I prefer for it to be body colored like the LS package, but oh well.. Good car to be honest.

2004 Impala
By Greg on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Impala with 75K. A base base model but it has ABS and traction control. I get 26-27 mpg (80% hwy; 20% city). It's roomy, the trunk is enormous, it rides nice and hasn't given me any trouble in the 10 months and 19k miles I have owned and driven it. It will not raise your pulse with excitement, but it is a dependable driver with plenty of room and great mpg for its size. I have achieved over 30 mpg highway over a tankful of gas in the summer with the a/c on.