2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Over all It's been a good car.

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

2003 Chevrolet Impala

Base Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Over all It's been a good car.
By bedog on

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 40,000 miles on it. Around 70,000 miles I had to replace my intake manifold gasket. I took it to a mechanic, not the dealership. He installed a quality after market gasket. I had brake rotor issues with this car until I did the brakes myself. I replaced the rotors with quality after market. The wheel lugs need to be torqued to proper specs, this will prolong rotor life. You need to flush and fill the radiator every 1 or 2 years despite dexcool specs. I keep it very clean. This car requires regular oil changes and cooling flushes. Synthetic oil and regular cooling flushes will keep it going. By using synthetic oil you don't need to change every 3K. Let the sensor work.

It has a lot of room. This is not a sports car and should not be driven like one. You take it easy on the driving and it will take it easy on your wallet.

If you are handy, some regular DIY PM will keep this thing going. If you aren't handy, you will need a trusted mechanic. I bought this thing used for less then half its full value, so I got a really good deal on it. Problems with brakes, cooling and intake manifold issues can all be resolved with quality after market parts. Quality after market rotors will last longer. Ceramic brake pads will keep your rotors cooler. Re-Cut rotors for any car do not last as long. GM had a plastic manifold. The block is iron and the heads are aluminum. They expand and contract at different rates. The hard OEM plastic gasket will fail. You need a silicone rubber gasket, this has give yet will maintain a seal.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review