2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Best car I've owned

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Best car I've owned
By goiser on

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Impala, I get near 30MPG highway and 25 or so freeway, which with last summer's $4+ per gallon I was the envy of my friends. Comfortable- the driver's seat can be tweaked just right w/ fully elec adjustment and lumbar crank. Passenger seat doesn't have all that and seems a little squishier. The 3.8 gives an impressive get-up-and-go, and EXCELLENT passing acceleration when you've been following a slow poke and you've had it. Heated seat on driver's side went out twice, still out since it's $$$ to fix it. Get higher speed-rated tires (like a "T" rating instead of stock "S") and the response will be amazing, like a corvette. Gives great view of the road from inside. Very happy.

Favorite Features

Great view of road & mirrors from inside, comfortable "cockpit", great mileage, great acceleration, great sound system, HUGE trunk, nice looks, great handling (with proper tires, that is...not w/ stock Goodyears)

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier exterior door handles (had one break off like another review did, when it was cold outside), child seat anchors are wedged up inside and are a pain to access, hate auto-dimming rearview mirrors they are never sensitive enough and very annoying