Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Disappointed
By Gman

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new. I don't put many miles on it, so I'm especially disappointed. Thought it rode nice at first, but not so much now. The car has ample power. No problems with the drivetrain. Brakes are terrible, and the steering shaft clunking (apparently a common problem) has me really hating this car. Rotors are so warped. Rear rotors are so grooved and rusty, they must barely be working.

Stereo sounds good. I like the exterior styling, alloy wheels. Okay mileage for 200 horses.

GM should stand behind their products! They should redesign and recall their engineering flaws. $25,000 should get you a better car and after-purchase service! And they really need to put better quality interiors in their vehicles.

Satisfied
By Todd

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Impala for about 3 1/2 years now and it has about 111,000 miles on it now. My wife and I drive it everywhere. It has been a great car so far with plenty of room, excellent trunk space and a nice full size car feel on the highway while still handling very well. Fuel mileage is very good with the 3.4 V- 6. I first got about 29mpg. on the highway then switched to full synthetic motor oil which decreased engine drag and increased the highway mileage to 31-32 mpg. Not to mention, the synthetic oil has kept the engine running like new. It is a great car that I would certainly buy again.

Fuel mileage, big trunk space, simple but semi-luxury interior, premium sound system, good engine performance, good A/C.

Better brakes requiring less maintenance.

Oil consumption
By ed

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Car runs good with excelent fuel economy. Only problem is oil consumption, and anti freeze seems to be greasy at radiator cap. General Motors says one quart every 2000 miles is not out of the ordinary. Oil consumption has been a problem since car was new

Fuel economy and roomy trunk

Glad I kept it
By charlie

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A friend had an 01 Saab turbo 5 speed for sale at a good price. I had my 03 Impala LS detailed for $200 which included painting over chips, scrapes and removing the many bumper scratches from single stall garage with tree behind. Engine light on, $89. Saab had slightly better mileage but when I got my car back it looked like new and still performs well. I'll keep another 5 yrs until cars get over 50mpg.

Good power, easy to drive, comfort, love the heated seats, roomy trunk with back seats that fold down. Very versatile car

Chipped paint on steering wheel controls

Great
By Dan Wolf

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

2003 Impalla purchased in July 03, now has 65,000 miles, 25-28 mpg city, 30- 34 interstate highway mpg, just amazing for a car this size. Very reliable, no problems since purchase, by far best car I have ever owned in my life, and I am 55. Compared to previous Chevrolets I owned from the 70's, 80's and 90's, they have done some darn good engineering.

Gas mileage, ride comfort.

Location of the oil filter on 3.4 liter engine. Very difficult to get to and change.