2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Best Car I Ever Had
By BRAD on 07/30/06 20:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Love the way it rides and handles. I don't like leather, so I have cloth. The only thing I have difficulty with is adjusting the seat because I am short.

Marvel of a Machine
By Adriana C. on 07/16/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives and handles great. My first experience was questionable on rusty brakes from sitting in the dealership yard. I got new brakes on it and tires which made it drive beautifully. To be honest, I saw the car and loved it - the exterior is so noticable but not outrageous. You can point out people who have the Impala be it from looking to the front or back. I like that feel it gives of owning a car with a titled history and a better future. The space, reliability, and fantastic miles per gallon it gets sold me in the end. As a college student and a festive problem child who loves to drive - this is the ultimate car to fit all my needs.

I love the look and comfort
By DLA on 05/29/06 13:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '03 Impala 04/20/06. Took it PA the next day. Ran great. Put 1300 miles on it in up and back. Great on gas.32 m/g on high way. Getting 26 m/g in the city. I have two complaints. When turning right or left at a speed between 10 to 15 miles I will feel a quick slip in the steering wheel. The dealer can't feel it. I will take it back and tell him to turn at a slower speed because you don't feel it at a faster speed. Second is that the car feels every bump. Not the smoothest ride I felt anyone else having this problem?. After cutting car off it's rough to start right back up.

Impala
By Betty Roberts on 05/08/06 22:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The 2003 Impala is fun to drive I only have one problem and that is the fresh air situation. It also lets in exhaust and smoke when you try to run the defrost you cannot keep this outside pollution out .

Best Vehicle I've Owned
By IMPALA LOVER on 04/20/06 00:42 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great. Driving to and from work (38 miles each way) you can't beat the gas mileage... 29.7 miles per gallon! The Impala has a great smooth ride. If I ever buy another car, it will be another Impala!

Awesome Chevy!
By Khalid on 04/03/06 09:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was last on my list of cars that I would buy till I test drove it. Loved every aspect of this car from the very start. Its aluminum frame, beefy 3.8 L engine and sport package with leather seats, four wheel independent suspension made this a great car for the price. I would buy another Impala in a heartbeat.

Under-rated ride
By Believe It on 03/21/06 14:22 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall great experience. Wanted lots of interior and trunk room, w/o spending too much. Great gas mileage (30 mpg highway @70 not uncommon). Sure it's no Acura, Audi, etc. but I have gotten used to the many "extras" this car has that many do not at thousands more (auto headlamps, tire pressure sensors, rearview mirror auto tint, daytime running lights, delayed power after ignition off, etc.). It doesn't feel quite as "polished" as some foreign brands, yet I feel like it goes out of its way to take care of me. Brake rotors needed machined around 25,000 mi., and two steering wheel switches were replaced due to plastic flaking off. Really the only problems.

2003 Chevy Impala
By Larry Bisbing on 03/11/06 16:55 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have had zero problems with our Chevy. Gas mileage is at a steady 27.1 per gallon which is acceptable. Most of all it is an American auto built by UAW, even if it is in Canada. We will be buying a 2008 model in the future.

Good, but...
By mattb on 01/16/06 21:30 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I love my Impala. However, my transmission has slipped some... the tech said it was a bad solonoid valve that tends to go bad on all of them. The steering shaft had to be repacked and the dex-cool stuff turned into what looked like modeling clay. I converted it to green stuff. On the positive side would be the fuel economy, which is exceptional, the room, and the solidity of the car.

Despite the Engineering shortcuts
By diliho on 12/10/05 11:43 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased brand new in early 03. Had brake rotors resurfaced with 600! (thats right 600) miles on the car. New rotors at a few thousand miles. Another brake job at 20 some thousand miles. New tires and a wheel alignment around 40000 miles, and it's finally running smoothly. dealing with GM, and service managers were a real pain. Now have 55000 miles on car and it's finally broke in and rides fine with no mechanical problems (knock on wood) I'm a little concerned with the intake manifold leakage problem GM has had with the 3800 motors (plastic). I guess I'll see if I get lucky with that