2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Reliable at best
By Jay on 03/13/07 08:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After 4 months of ownership my wife noticed a whistle upon acceleration. I was told by the dealership that it is air passing over a hole in the throttle body. Throttle body replaced and problem persists. Contacted GM customer service and they told me it is not a mechanical defect and that "if it's not broke, don't fix it". My dealership stated they would keep me up to date on possible recalls related to this issue but after two months of phone calls they no longer call. This whistle is simply not acceptable for a $26,000 vehicle and GM wonders why customers are choosing foreign vehicles with better build quality. Interior plastic looks and feels cheap. I would not buy another one.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By fp1899 on 02/06/07 06:52 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

If Chevy keeps building cars like this, I will never not own one. It is a great car, very reliable. My Impala has 85,000 miles and still runs like new. Mine isn't garage kept and it has no trouble starting in cold weather. The 3.4 Liter V6 has plenty of power and great fuel economy. It is a well designed and well built car.

OK Car
By ayadre26 on 01/22/07 08:22 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in the my 2002 Chevy Tracker in for this car for more room, better performance and less problems for my family. At first I was happy, now I'm having all kinds of problems with this car. From replacing all 4 brakes, rear rotors, computer malfunction,bad battery when the indicator said it was good, 2 fuel injector failure, replacing a converter, and now every once in a while the security message come the message display. Tech said to watch, might not be anything. Other than these things the car has been OK. Would have like an armrest for my right arm. I do love the design of the car. Might not buy this car again.

Great looks, lots of power, so-so feeling
By Impala on 01/07/07 15:02 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the look of this car. It may be the best looking car I have ever owned. Plenty of power from the 3800 v- 6, but lesser gas mileage than the other 3800's I have owned. The leather seats are hard, non-breathing and somewhat uncomfortable. The car seems excessively noisy to me. The dealer replaced a catalytic converter, and I had some suspension work done. There is a whine, I believe in the power steering, but the dealer can't hear it. That may be because it is still covered by a GM extented warranty. I do not think I would buy anymore Chevrolets due to what I perceive as a lack of production quality and long-term durability. My similar (W chassis) Olds Intrigue was better and more reliable

2003 Chevy Impala
By chevy guy 18 on 01/03/07 06:51 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's a great car. It is easy to drive. The car is very reliable. It is a quality car.

Over all it's an excellent car
By bibhuti on 12/04/06 19:54 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car 3 years back. We have yet to get any kind of mechanical problem. Mileage is great. I get more than 30mpg on highways and 24 in mixed daily driving. It is spacious, comfortable, and beautiful. Only thing I dont like about this car is wind noise that I am having after 2 years. In case GM can take care of that a customer like me will always go for an Impala.

American Quality
By Joseph O on 11/16/06 14:50 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Impala is an attractive nearly full size car with a lot of interior and truck space. The v6 3.4L 180 HP engine is smooth and provides more than adequate performance for my needs. A v6 3.8L 200 HP engine provides more performance and I am told 1-2 miles more fuel economy. With the 3.4L expect to get 22-23 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. Good driving and visability site lines. The interior 60/40 split bench seat with fold down arm rest and cup holder. Although the steering wheel adjusts the base model manual seat adjustment may not work for all. Reliability has improved each year and the 2003-2005 is exspected to provide better than average reliability and good value.

Six Months In - Glad to have it!
By V. NICK on 09/15/06 18:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this 2003 Impala pre-owned in April. The fuel economy is impressive, particularly on long drives out of state. The spaceous cabin and trunk are a plus with the kids. It's nice to be able to drive something sensible yet sporty, and not have to drive a minivan! I'm fine with the build quality. Others forget that more impressive builds = more money on the sticker. It's a car! And since all cars depreciate and break, I don't want to pay more than I should.

Best Car I've owned
By Bill on 08/20/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've only owned the Impala for about a month now and I love the gas mileage. It averages between 23 and 29 MPG and I haven't had a chance to get it out on the open highway yet. It handles great on curvey roads. Interior could be a little more plush but it's OK.

Great car for the money.
By Luvmy_chevy on 08/11/06 18:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Mine is a 2003 Chevy Impala LS 3.8L with the sport package, leather seats, all power options and a sunroof. It has ample power and the interior is very roomy. It is a very safe car. Overall a very nice car for the money.I am glad I didn't go for that Toyota.