Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Very Angry at Chevy
By boinjax

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

As a long time domestic car fan, especially GM, this has sealed the deal for me... NEVER AGAIN, in addition to 3 thermostats, a water pump, radiator and 5 sets of brakes, not to mention a common electrical problem linked to the pass key, now the transmission went out.. the car only has 105k, other INTERNET sources found identical problems from 100-130k miles, the car was bought new, female driven and meticulously maintained, but this car isn't reliable, just decides to run hot and arbitrarily wont start, dealers want a fortune to fix even though they are aware of these problems as common, no wonder the police wont drive them, used to love GM, now, HATE THEM wont even rent a GM car...too bad

used to LOVE the ride and fuel economy,and excellent stereo, but now it does me no good as a $20k lawn ornament

perhaps the designers should actually own these cars used to see what REALLY is wrong with them once the new car smell wears off, btw GM, if it is a common problem FIX IT!!! otherwise your cars are recyclable after 50k miles, stand behind your product! at least reduce costs to fix YOUR rolling scrap

Impala
By Mason

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new. Comfortable- fuel efficient for the size. My car burned half a quart of oil to 1600 miles since new. I use Luca Oil stabilizer- reduced to half quart to 2400 miles. Lucas fuel treatment really made a difference on performance during heavy acceleration. Currently I have a drive train issue that is being diagnosed by GM Dealer. My maintenance on this car is excellent. Nice car..I prey for new intake gasket repair but sense it will come. Brake rotors seem to be an issue on this car.

Best car I've owned
By goiser

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Impala, I get near 30MPG highway and 25 or so freeway, which with last summer's $4+ per gallon I was the envy of my friends. Comfortable- the driver's seat can be tweaked just right w/ fully elec adjustment and lumbar crank. Passenger seat doesn't have all that and seems a little squishier. The 3.8 gives an impressive get-up-and-go, and EXCELLENT passing acceleration when you've been following a slow poke and you've had it. Heated seat on driver's side went out twice, still out since it's $$$ to fix it. Get higher speed-rated tires (like a "T" rating instead of stock "S") and the response will be amazing, like a corvette. Gives great view of the road from inside. Very happy.

Great view of road & mirrors from inside, comfortable "cockpit", great mileage, great acceleration, great sound system, HUGE trunk, nice looks, great handling (with proper tires, that is...not w/ stock Goodyears)

Sturdier exterior door handles (had one break off like another review did, when it was cold outside), child seat anchors are wedged up inside and are a pain to access, hate auto-dimming rearview mirrors they are never sensitive enough and very annoying

Just an mazing car 9C1
By impala fan

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is just amazing. We bought our first impala in 2007. it is a 9C1 impala (police package) with 3.8 L engine and it had 80k m. on it. it is fast, good, reliable, rugged. Now it has about 100 and it still going thank God.

3.8L engine (fun)/ 4 Disk ABS (safe)/ style

none.

Wonderful Car!
By impala lover

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Impala, I've had it for two years and have had no major problems. The brakes went bad at one point but when I bought the car it had 77,000 mi, now It has almost 116,000 and still runs great! I'm not fond of American cars but Chevys are the best! I'd buy the same car again, as long as the miles are lower.

Rear lights, trunk space