Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Very Disapointed
By Courtb86

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used - 1 owner before me. Drove great at first - loved the car - then this year everything just crapped the bed at once. The transmission went. I love Chevy but I will never own another impala again, my cavalier was more reliable than this car.

Heated leather seats and sunroof

better motor & transmission and traction control system

03 Impala Ls
By Jerad

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Impala Ls on February 12, 2009. Car had 70,000 miles.The car ran great for a long time until it was in a accident in july 09.Cracked my intake,cat converter.Trunk light kept killing the battery(no biggie). After the wreck and shop time I have not any other issues. Tranny is strong smooth, love the car. The car now has 102,000 miles... Already 32,000 miles in less than a year. It's honestly a great car. Other complaints also depend on how hard you are on your car. Hope this helps.

Body Style,Performance,Comfort

More power,Diff a/c, heater box.

Best Car I've Owned
By Eric

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far I love this car. I had purchased a 2005 Chevy Malibu Classic in July but wasn't satisfied with the feel of the engine so I traded it in for a car I was more comfortable with driving. This is the third car I have owned and fifth one I've drove and by far it is the best. The only thing wrong so far is when I first bought the car i couldn't fill my car with gas no matter how full or empty my tank was without it activating the automatic shutoff, but the dealership repaired that for free.

Mobility is my favorite feature, this car handles way better than my previous cars. Also the 3800 Series II engine is a plus, I believe this is the best engine GM has ever built.

Doesn't need any improvements

Love my Impala
By OrlandoBill

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 03 Impala LS has been great. Excellent fuel mileage (21 avg, 28.5 hwy @ 145k miles). Using Castol Syntec, change when computer says to. Replaced catalytic converter ($800) which seems to be an Impala plague. 130k: transmission started to slip, but nothing serious. Used Seafoam Transmission and most shifting problems went away. 146k: replaced both front bearings ($650). 2.5-3 years: battery dies w/o warning.

Very roomy, HUGE trunk, very quiet touring car. Very low cost per mile to operate, very little maintenance. Super reliable.

Cabin remains hot in the back seat, regardless of air settings. Needs air vents in backseat area. Power steering fluid difficult to check/fill. Needs access tube.

Best Quality Car I ever owned
By David Howland

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Not one repair,not one warranty claim.Ordinary maintenance only. My family uses it for all trips even though we have a newer second car. I average 30 MPG suburban driving to work and shopping. It has 127,000 miles on it and it still runs and looks like new. It has never even been tuned up.Only tires, brakes, wiper blades and oil changes.

Visability all areas. No blind spots.

Softer seat cushions