Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Not so happy
By posimpala

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a used fleet car. It was well taken care of before I got it from my step-mom whose company sold it to me for a great deal. Well, it was good until I hit 125000 miles and then the engine started to fall apart. The heads have come off the rocker arms several times, the guy who fixes my car says he has never seen it but it seems like they were made from real cheap material. Also, the cheap plastic body parts don't hold up well when it is cold as I had a door handle crack off on the rear passenger side one very cold morning. Other than those issues, the car is good.

Favorite Features

Spacious interior. I'm 6'6'' and fit nicely in the car. Comfort is good too

Suggested Improvements

Make parts stronger

Best Car Value for $
By jdefelice

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

No problems even after 80k miles. Still gets avg 30 mpg! 37 mpg highway, amazing! Comfortable, plenty of leg room and very quiet. Still looks sharp and runs great. Love this car and would buy another. Best car for the money it cost.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and price !!

Suggested Improvements

Needs a glove box light.

I love the look and comfort
By DLA

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '03 Impala 04/20/06. Took it PA the next day. Ran great. Put 1300 miles on it in up and back. Great on gas.32 m/g on high way. Getting 26 m/g in the city. I have two complaints. When turning right or left at a speed between 10 to 15 miles I will feel a quick slip in the steering wheel. The dealer can't feel it. I will take it back and tell him to turn at a slower speed because you don't feel it at a faster speed. Second is that the car feels every bump. Not the smoothest ride I felt anyone else having this problem?. After cutting car off it's rough to start right back up.

Favorite Features

The seats are comfortable. Good on gas. A lot of leg room for this 6ft 3 guy. Love the body. Front bra and window tint looks great. Radio and cd player great.

Suggested Improvements

Fix starting issue. Retractable cup holders. Front under hood light.

Love my Impala!
By Nicole H.

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I researched a lot before purchasing the impala, comparing to Dodge Intrepid and Nissan Maxima. Loved the impala because was midsized car and could fit 6 people comfortably. Including an adult male in backseat comfortably. Also a great price with great mileage per gallon. Perfect car for starting family and working a distance from home.

Favorite Features

I have had my car 6 years, now at 280,000 miles. Still going strong with only repair being 1 transmission replacement. Still love my car, and scared of thought of having to replace at some point. Probably will get another impala!

Suggested Improvements

None! Been a very reliable, comfortable yet still sporty car.

Overall a Good Buy
By jon_l

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Impala LS second hand with 93,000 miles for my first car. Ran great for a good while but just had to get the catalytic converter replaced at 102,000 miles, Brake Controller Module Replaced, and my Idle Control Valve replaced, costing me all together $1,200. Despite those issues I've had no other issues I love my car. It rides real smooth and has some nice power. Has great gas mileage on the highway. This is really the last stylish model before the new Impalas went out. The interior is very nice and there is plenty of room for 5 people to fit comfortably inside. Currently at 104,500 miles and the car is still running great!

Favorite Features

Optional 3.8L VS engine controls on steering wheel center shifting column spacious center compartments sporty exterior on LS low interior ride noise

Suggested Improvements

improve quality of parts should have had a recall for the catalytic converter