2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
best car for the $$$
By Ed Liss on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I own 2 2003 Impalas, a 3.4 and a 3.8 LS. Had 2 2000's same models and traded them in. Excellent car, smooth riding, outstanding gas mileage, 26mpg on 3.8 and 29mpg on 3.4. The LS is more powerful and smoother than 3.4, which is just adequate in power. Both cars are fun to drive, comfortable, and reliable. Looked at Caddy DTS was was turned off by poor quality and electrical problems. Impala is better car by far and costs 50% less. Highly recommend it.

Great full size car but has some flaws
By Chevyman??!!?? on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a great car, roomy. Good everyday high mileage car. Water leaks at wheel wells-Water puddled in rear foot area-Rear wheel wells had to be sealed. Keyless entry stopped working-1 week wait. Dealer used wrong transmission fluid after servicing-transmission slipping- Extended warranty will take care of this. Cheezy cup holders will break apart repeatedly with bench seat. Developed back problems because no lumbar support-lubar support pillow in driver seat helped me recover. Only 25 mi/gal with 3.4L engine- should get 34 on highway- should have bought the 3.8L engine. Headlamp shroud came loose, had to replace headlight assembly = $250 @ dealer.

The Best Sports/Sedan to drive!
By Sanders187 on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is a true family mans dream to drive and own! You'll like it for its family capalbilities, and its super sporty look. Super fast, Super safe. Great gas milage to, and when you gotta get somewhere this car can take you their quick and in style.

This car rocks.
By nosemovie on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I see plenty of older folks driving this car, but I don't know why. The engine roars and the handling is great. Make sure to get traction control, it's the AWD of the future.

Chevy Impala - Quite the surprise!
By Ray Cannefax on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Affter looking at a number of European sedans, I was astonished what the Impala offered for the money. I've not owned an American sedan since the early 70's and have driven SUV's (GMC) for the past eight years. I began looking at the 5 series and E class when a friend suggested the Impala. It's not quite as tight or zippy and the doors don't sound as solid when I close them, but in respect to value for the dollar it was a no-brainer. I could buy two for the price of one 5 series or E class. So I bought an Impala and have been very satisfied with the product.

Pre Purhcase Review
By macattak1 on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Yet to purchase, however, I have noticed much on the numerous Imaplas I have looked at both new and used. Bad 1- Not painted anywhere you normally cant see. Gas cover, trunk and hood. Silly and CHEAP. View the Primer with every tank?! 2- Interior colors. Cream dash color too "pimp daddy" looking. 3- Honda Accord LX and EX at $21k and $24k v/s base and LS at $24 and $28k? OK. 1- Is the 3.4 as good as the 3.8 2- Offers 6 seating but only on 3.4. Good- 1- Great MPG on both. 2- Safty rating. 3- Fits 3 car seats in back. 4- Power 5- Limited # of options compared to Toyotas $19k base trying to wear $11k more in options!

not perfect but close
By john and jane on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Thoroughly researched similar cars. Felt the Buick LeSabre to be the closest in comparison. Impala much more stylish and youthful. Options incuded in price of the LS is remarkable!! Great value,very happy with choice!!

super great car
By mikedib on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. Got it fully loaded $27,000. Love the exterior look. I love the size. I love the smooth Ride. I love the styling. I love the interior. I almost bought a toyota avalon, glad I didn't. I'll never buy another toyota. This car is so roomy for my family and rides nice.

One of the best that I have owned
By A. Lane on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is an awesome, big, comfortable car. Its handling is great and it is very smooth driving. The gas mileage is great and it has a great safety rating. Finally a 4-door sedan that is fun and practical to drive. Congrats Chevrolet on a great car!!!!