Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Fun to drive!!
By ponymare

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE to drive this car... and I hate to drive! I don't understand why all these car magazines, etc. give it such poor reviews. MUCH more comfortable than any Honda Accord I've ever ridden in... or the new Toyota 2003 Camry I was a passenger in. I love the way it handles...it's small enough to maneuver but big enough for a family of five. My teenager also loves the sound system! Says it's better than alot of his friend's customized systems.

Favorite Features

The zippy way it handles, smooth ride and plenty of power, also love the fold down seats for access to the trunk and spacious trunk capacity.

Suggested Improvements

My husband, at 6'3", complains about head room and doesn't find the seats as comfortable as I do, but he likes truck and SUV seats better, passenger side lock for key (in case you don't have your remote handy)and want to open the passenger side first.

We like it so much we bought two!
By Coastrider

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought identical LSs. We prefer big, confortable cars,and the LS delivers. The car features good power, economy, and handling. Very large trunk, roomy and comfortable driving position. Surpasses my two previous Crown Vics. Handles better and delivers much better fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Wheel mounted radio controls, heated seats, great stereo, dual climate controls, 3800 V-6 power characteristics. Little scheduled maintenance required.

Suggested Improvements

Add GPS option and multi-disc CD changer. Moonroof creates too much noise. Console armrest and glovebox redesigns are needed. Visibility while backing is poor. Eliminate the spoiler.

Great Car Better than A Pontiac
By whitedragon814

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Well I just bought my car and trade in a pontiac sunfire. To compare the two well their is no comparison. I notice all the room in side and the performance was 100% better. The Gas milage is also 100% better. Overall the impala is a very comfortable car and fun to drive. Unlike the Sunfire

Favorite Features

Well compared to my old car all the features are my favorite. Because I didnt have the features.

Suggested Improvements

Trackion Control

Couldn't give us anything else!
By DoonaVint

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love this car! It has everything we could possibly want on it and under the hood. The 3.8l V6 is super, it has excellent get up and go on the highway yet still gets decent gas mileage in town as well. The berry red metallic paint is eyecatching and always changing depending on the light. The interior is wow! Love the leather seats. Dashboard is arranged so everything is easily seen. It was a toss up between a sunroof and a rear spoiler when looking, my husband wanted one and I wanted the other we were both willing to give up what we wanted so the other could have what they wanted, luckily we found one with both!

Favorite Features

Sunroof is open almost all the time. Steering wheel controls are in a good location to adjust without taking your hands off the wheel. I never would have a 4 door car until this one. The body style is sporty yet also still a family car without looking strictly like a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Would not change a thing about this car! We have only had it for 7 months and have had absolutely no problems with it so far and are expecting the same in the future!

Dead Battery
By aav8r

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I parked it for 10 days. when tried to start it the battery was completely dead. Dealer jumped the car and said nothing wrong. They advised me to put a charger on car next time I park for that long. Give me a break.

Favorite Features

Seat heater

Suggested Improvements

GM could really put customer satisfaction number one. Right now I dont see it