2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Good to Go!!!!!!
By paul krupp on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

with only 2000 miles I am already very pleased at my choice. The ride is very nice with the 16" eagles. and the series 2 3.8 litre really scoots. seating front and back is very nice with excellent lumbar support w/o being to stiff. I have the sport appearance package several people have commented on the tastefully done inlaid impala logo in the door panels as well as the exterior back light treatment. My car is silver, the Paint is flawless, the fit and finish is very good with uniform gaps front to back and side to side. Door closing effort is uniform and solid. I chose this car over a chrysler.

CMONTOY1
By Cmontoy1 on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great Ride, Has a lot of room. Great trunk space. Fun to drive. Great on long trios.

SATISFIED
By cc1111 on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

NEVER HAD TO TAKE THE CAR BACK TO THE DEALER FOR ANY PROBLEMS. IT WAS ALL I EXPECTED AND I AM BUYING ANOUTHER AS MY DAD TOTALED IT IN AN ACCIDENT. HE AND MY KIDS WALKED AWAY.

Best in Show
By Best in Show on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After reading Edmunds review of the 2003 Impala. Moved with caution before purchase. After many test drives both long and short experiences. I found Edmunds review selling the Impala short on all there comments. Edmunds weak reveiw shows that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I am extremely happy with my new Impala. It performs beyond all my expectations

cops love this car
By Pluto5 on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

If you like cops staring at you, get this car in Superior Blue, a new color for 03. Cops love it--makes them wish they could trade the bombshell CV.

A GOOD CAR
By AL LAWRENCE on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this car for 5 months. I have owned many cars, but this one seems to be the best so far. It handles great, fuel milege is great. The dealer has treated me great, unusuall for my experience with new cars. I shopped around before buying and chose the empala for open road performance. Fun to drive, the only problem I do have is backing up the car, the design of the body causes low rear visibility. It takes getting use to.

Buying 03 tomorrow!
By be relentless on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 00 in July 99. I fell in love looking at it and more when I drove it. Put 105500 miles on it until Vets day 02 when it was totaled by an idiot running a red light. All the air bags opened and I walked away perfect. The biggest problem has been finding an 03 equipt just like my 00. The problem, sun roof. I am 6'9" and 340lbs and it's the most comfortable car I have driven. People can still sit behind me!!!

My Second Impala
By zmamoo on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought the new 2003 base sedan. It is my second Impala. The 2000 I had I just loved. But it did give me problems with the transmission. But the dealer kept rebuilding it so I have no complaints on my dealer taking care of me. But the problem was more then I could handle so I bought the new one and I love the Impala's they are great for traveling and I put a lot of miles on a car in a year. I have room for everything in this car. And I will always have an Impala as long as they make them.

One of the best safety ratings.
By Sithe on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because it was inexpensive (compared to other cars in its class) and last year's model has one of the highest safety ratings (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/SList2.cf m). I purchased this car for the same amount as a 2002. The outside noise is a little loud, but not excessively so. Cup holders in front seat can't be closed or hidden. Not sure how long cup holders will last.

Nice car poor service -design flaws?
By hksunshine on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have LS. Fun Car to drive, great pickup and good milage. Buying experience painless. Service is an issue. Conte's service department's response to issues : It bottoms out going up or down ramps even at slowest speeds (5mph) ..told that's normal! If I stop and immediately start Impala's engine turns several times and there's a delay in dash lights coming on, told they didn't find anything wrong! Occasional hesitation under acceleration, they couldn't find anything wrong! Trunk popped with keyfob doesn't open all the way and hard to close..you guessed it.."normal". Moisture inside right headlamp, replaced headlamp and..still moisture.Too bad..nice car otherwise.