Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2003 chevy impala LS 3.8
By 2003impala

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Where should I start........ it was 2010 when i got my impala only had 70k it was the best car for about 4 months first at 85k the catalytic converter (600$) then the power windows went out (130$) then the oil gasket/pan (30$) did it myself then dash lights went out didn't fix it then ABS was going in and out then water pump (50$) did it myself then the thermostat (10$) and I've only had it 10 months now I'm just like what's next?? MY parents own 9 different chevy's 1971-2010 and this is the only one that as ever disappointed them.

3.8 0-60 in 7sec. lots of room i've had 8 people in it at once. and it's a CHEVY

recall al 2000-2005 impalas and completely redo them

Love my Impala!
By Nicole H.

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I researched a lot before purchasing the impala, comparing to Dodge Intrepid and Nissan Maxima. Loved the impala because was midsized car and could fit 6 people comfortably. Including an adult male in backseat comfortably. Also a great price with great mileage per gallon. Perfect car for starting family and working a distance from home.

I have had my car 6 years, now at 280,000 miles. Still going strong with only repair being 1 transmission replacement. Still love my car, and scared of thought of having to replace at some point. Probably will get another impala!

None! Been a very reliable, comfortable yet still sporty car.

All things that gone wrong
By deaun

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My family has always been a Chevy patron. I liked the looks, drive and amenities of my Impala, but in the last 2 years I have had to replace the catalytic converter$739, the solenoid $875(when I took it to the transmission dealer they had been told by the GM company to start carrying this part as it was defective) the intake manifold ($783)wheel bearing, I will never purchase another GM car.

This Car is Junk
By Jon

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Please do not buy this car. GM has gotten so bad, everything they put out is junk. bought the car with 80K, and put 25K on in the last 2 years. replaced brakes and rotors, no biggie, that was easy. car hit 100K and dash board lights lit up like a Christmas tree. ABS and Trac Control Failed, module failed, repalcement cost $2,700 for parts. So that hasn't been done, no more trac control or ABS for me. Had the headlights go out once on a sharp curve, that was nice. the radio light flashed at me, which is a pain at night. in the day you can't read the odometer or radio lights. now the AC blower motor doesn't work all the time. have to shut the car off and restart. this car is junk.

looks cool

Please fix your issues. stop building cars as cheap as possible and build something you would want to drive. build something you would put your daughter in. stop the outsourcing and just build me a damn decent car

Comfortable, durable, safe and fun
By jmr

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new with huge discounts and rebates. after 7 years and 160,000 miles, and one major accident, it still runs and looks great. Good power, good on fuel. My wife fell asleep at the wheel at 70 mph, careened off guard rails and into ditch, woke up without a scratch and drove it 80 miles home! Had the common problems - passlock security preventing start randomly but seldom (I've never fixed it), replaced catalytic converter (~$300), replaced front bearings myself (~$225). Very happy, still enjoy the car, will keep for 200K+ miles.

comfortable seat, big trunk, good looking car

Fix the passlock system and catalytic converter problems - they are very common.