Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

6 Years Later
By v_nick

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I originally wrote a review in 9/2006 shortly after purchasing the car pre-owned.
As we approach the sixth anniversary of purchase, we are delighted to report that this has been the best sedan we have owned!
In our entire ownership, we have replaced a relay fuse ($50), a manifold gasket ($300) and a wheel bearing ($225).
We finally replaced the original tires and breaks a little more than a year ago.
Speaking of tires, my earlier review spoke of front end road noise.
This disappeared with new tires.
The car was originally equipped with cheap Uniroyals.
The car still looks great, and runs and runs and runs!
It replaced a Nissan which we purchased new & was totally unreliable.

1/25/2016 UPDATE:

I just had to update my review to say it's STILL GOING STRONG! We have done nothing but routine maintenance since 2012, and we still love it!

Buyer Beware
By zabora

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 impala from a reputable dealer with only 41000 miles on it.
Originally bought for my wife as a family car, but it has been so unreliable that she won't drive it anymore. It has been absolute trouble since I bought it. First the intake manifold gasket went.
Then, the electronics stopped working properly. No signal, no heat control, no air control.
All failed at different times. Then the front end started having problems.
Tie Rods, Rotors, and now finally today, the steering rack. Completely failed going down the road. Could not power steer at all.
I have always been a chevy man, and have lived with typical chevty problems; but no more. This is my last car from them.

Roomy and the heated seats, but the comfort is not worth the over 3 thousand dollars in repairs I have made on this car within the past 18 months.

Improve your quality control department. Install parts that will last more than 50 thousand miles.

2003 chevy impala LS 3.8
By 2003impala

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Where should I start........ it was 2010 when i got my impala only had 70k it was the best car for about 4 months first at 85k the catalytic converter (600$) then the power windows went out (130$) then the oil gasket/pan (30$) did it myself then dash lights went out didn't fix it then ABS was going in and out then water pump (50$) did it myself then the thermostat (10$) and I've only had it 10 months now I'm just like what's next?? MY parents own 9 different chevy's 1971-2010 and this is the only one that as ever disappointed them.

3.8 0-60 in 7sec. lots of room i've had 8 people in it at once. and it's a CHEVY

recall al 2000-2005 impalas and completely redo them

Love my Impala!
By Nicole H.

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I researched a lot before purchasing the impala, comparing to Dodge Intrepid and Nissan Maxima. Loved the impala because was midsized car and could fit 6 people comfortably. Including an adult male in backseat comfortably. Also a great price with great mileage per gallon. Perfect car for starting family and working a distance from home.

I have had my car 6 years, now at 280,000 miles. Still going strong with only repair being 1 transmission replacement. Still love my car, and scared of thought of having to replace at some point. Probably will get another impala!

None! Been a very reliable, comfortable yet still sporty car.

All things that gone wrong
By deaun

2003 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My family has always been a Chevy patron. I liked the looks, drive and amenities of my Impala, but in the last 2 years I have had to replace the catalytic converter$739, the solenoid $875(when I took it to the transmission dealer they had been told by the GM company to start carrying this part as it was defective) the intake manifold ($783)wheel bearing, I will never purchase another GM car.