Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great Car - Want another one
By Wendy Gale

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove several luxury cars and then the Impala. Fell in love with it immediately. The car has power to get up the road when needed, even just for showing off. I love how sporty it looks with the spoiler on the trunk. The leather interior is the only way to go. It was comfortable to drive on a long trip. The controls for the AC/Heat/Defrost are simple and easy to understand, not the new computerized type. The "official" color is Capucino Frost Metallic. It is definitely not white. If I ever decide to sell or trade this in or even buy another vehicle, I will get the Impala SS in Red, with tan leather interior. The price is excellent for all that you get.

Favorite Features

Cruise and stereo controls on the steering wheel. Moon roof, a great way to let the heat escape after sitting in sun. Leather seats, easy to keep clean and feel great. Heated seats, in winter, my family loves this the most. Sporty look. Trunk access from back seats.

Suggested Improvements

I get about 24 MPG on average. Would like to get better MPG. I did get 27 MPG on long trip, but that was the exception. I have had the car for less than 2 years and have not had any problems. I might make the back seats heated.

my impala
By richard Livingston

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

great brakes fit and finish well above average

Favorite Features

xm radio heated seats power sun roof

Suggested Improvements

none at this time

uncomftable unexciting
By haroldthart

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Car is very uncomfortable to sit in. Workmanship quality is very good.

Favorite Features

Lights stay on after car is shut off and radio and windows will work after car is turned off until door is opened.

Suggested Improvements

Get front seats that are designed for comfort. Would not buy another Impala for this reason.

I love my Chevy Impala
By Linda Faris

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Since this is the first new car I've purchased in a while, I spent a lot of time researching certain makes/models. I chose the Impala because of its sleek style, its comfort, and its size. It's like driving a large car, but it isn't too large. It is like driving a dream - easy to handle, hugs the road, feels substantial with a very "fluid" feeling (not tight), and gets absolutely great gas mileage. I typically get 30-32mpg on the highway and 26-29 in town. When the salesman told me it would do 32mpg, I really didn't believe him at the time. Well, believe me, it will get 32mpg on the highway. And....the price was right.

Favorite Features

Great style, easy handling, comfortable, TERRIFIC gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint about the Impala is the little glove compartment, but I realize it is little because of the airbag.

Reiny's review
By reiny1

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala has been a very trouble free car. I recieve favorable comments from strangers in regard to the looks and color. They also wish they owned an Impala. I also own another black '02 Impala for my wife. She very much likes to drive it in town and highway.

Favorite Features

design and looks trunk space leather seats

Suggested Improvements

none