2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Best Car I've Ever Had
By Lowell Patterson on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a Bonneville with all the gadgets for this car. The Impala has plenty of speed, torque, and great handling ability. I enjoy the interior comforts of the car, the color combinations, and the simulated wood trim that adds a classy dash to the dash. I love the computer-related adjustments I can make to adjust various features on the radio, etc.

RATE THIS VEHICLE
By rednic on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

HAVE OWNED OVER 40 NEW CARS. TRADED CADILLAC FOR THIS CHEVY. TRIED OUT SEVERAL NEW CARS. THIS CHEVY IS BY FAR AHEAD OF OTHER MAKES FOR GAS MILEAGE, COMFORT AND EASY TO DRIVE. NO PROBLEMS.

Love This Car!
By LoveThisCar! on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do a lot of heavy driving and have already racked up a lot of miles since purchased. It is very comfortable and has lots of room, and more than enough power. It is very quiet and steers perfectly straight, and has not had any problems or issues. The gas mileage has been incredible, ranging from around 30 to 35mpg (in hard winter driving). I also love the 5 star safety rating. I have been so impressed with this car that I bought a second one for my wife. I pity the poor fools that think they have to drive cramped Japanese econo-boxes to get great gas mileage!

So Far, So GREAT!!!
By dudleydog on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well, I picked up a pretty loaded LS a couple of months ago and this car has been everything I expected and more. Roomy and responsive, full of useful features and more. The exterior styling is impressive. The wheels and the spoiler add sportiness to the appearance. Inside, the seats are comfortable and everything is in reach. The RDS radio sounds good and it has a bunch of features as well. It's a very confortable car and ride. The engine is peppy, transmission smooth and mileage so far as been around 21-22 mostly city. For the dollar, it's a great value.

After 3000 Miles
By Like'em'allcars on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After putting 36,000 miles on it I traded my 2000 Impala(3.4 L engine)in on a 2003 Impala (3.8 L engine). I bought the 2003 without getting the LS package because I liked the bench seat. The newer car has several improvements such as dual A/C controls, steering wheel mounted radio/CD controls, more powerful stereo, fold-down rear seat, and traction control. It also has better stock tires.

paid 15000 not 21000
By Gleemontague on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The discounts available on these cars bring the actual price down to the economy car level. I would not have bought this car for 21000. At 15 you are talking about one of the least expensive 6 passenger cars in the world. The 3.4 litre motor is not over stressed in the configuration provided here. interior is very good for large people who have long legs. And the available bench seat brings me back to the good old days. Some of those old fashioned features are still good today. I also like the trunk design. I work in an auto plant and have repaired many trunk mechanisms. This is an amazingly simple hinge that works well.

Beats the Camry
By Steve Eckert on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was 99% sure that my next purchase was a Toyota Camry. I rented a Camry- and that is what I put 400 miles on the next two days. That car was all over the road (it is not a highway car), it was loud inside and the transmission was shifting on its own. I hated this car! So to the chevy dealer and took a Impala out to the highway and ......couldn't help but buy it. I love everything about it. What the Camry lacks the Impala has. The engineering is twice the Camrys'. This Impala holds the road, has plenty of acceleration, seat comfort, lots of interior storage, interior colors and panels matched, outside paint is flawless...I love to drive this car.

The Impala is Back!
By Ed Weber on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is outstanding. Quick, Comfortable, and handles well. Better fuel economy and performance than Camry - and it is larger!

2002 LS Black with Sport App. Pack.
By Heavy D on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had 2 Honda Accord's since '92. One was V6. Wanted to use GM Supplier program. I did extensive research on the GM cars. Compared Regal LS/GS, Grand Prix GT, Intrigue and Impala base/LS. I am pretty happy with my choice after 10k miles. The stereo/sound system is the best I've ever had. The homelink was a must. This car's ride/handling/suspension is very sporty for its size, A+. Safety ratings are a key selling point for this family man. We fit the two car seats in the back with room to spare. Dual climate control is nice, and the trunk is roomy. I also like the taillight covers. The rear spoiler with the raised butt takes a little getting used to.

Great Car
By JoHanna on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala back in Sept of 2002. I owned a Cavalier before but I needed more room,truck space and a little more power. The Impala seemed like the best buy for the price plus the safty rating were pretty good. I drive a lot of miles and I really enjoyed driving it. If something happened to it I would buy another one in a second.