Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

So Far So Good
By gottabeaChevy

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Owned the car for approx 7 months and so far my wife an I love the car. The Chevy 3.8L ROCKS!!! There's nothing like 150 km/hr with the air blasting and getting 27+ mpg. This car blows away the 3.8L Ford Taurus I couldn't wait to get rid of. It's a great ride in both the city and on the highway.

Effortless 3.8L. Gas mileage, acceleration. Smooth ride, plenty of leg room in front and back, trunk, 16" tires.

Correct the wind noise from sunroof and back windows (when front windows are up). Better stereo.

Chevy Impala Rocks!
By Cristina

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is so above and beyond what I expected. I test drove SUVs and Sedans at different price levels. This was a clear winner. It drives like a dream. The suspension is like driving a Caddy. It accelerates without jerking. It looks great, great gas mileage. This is a great deal for the price. THIS IS A TEST DRIVE MUST!

It handles really well and is such a smooth drive. This is saying a lot! I live in Michigan...pot holes every inch of the road.

I wish I would have requested this car with Onstar. I would suggest sales people to make sure to ask once you've decided on the vehicle.

Thoroughly Satisfied with This Car
By RichardT

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Sedan model(bench front seat) with the options package(3.8 V6, antilock brakes, etc) which basically makes it the LS without the trim. I can only say that Chevrolet REALLY got it right with this car. It is very comfortable on long trips, easy to handle, rides very smoothly/solid grip on the road, and VERY good mileage I average 26+ mpg in town and on a recent road trip to Toronto (1050 miles) averaged 31+ mpg - at an average speed of 75 mph. To me, the Impala has all the advantages of a full-size car, yet very economical to own. Aside from the small glove compartment and placement of the cruise control, I am totally satisfied.

Forget Toyota, Nissan, Honda this is it
By Semyon

2003 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives like a dream. I have had 0 complaints about it. bought it for 11,500 with 32k on it and it drives beautifully. brakes are a little stiff but i think the pads need to be replaced and the rotors resurfaced, that's about it. this isnt even the ls or ss and it accelerates like a sports car. the interior is spacious and i can look at the exterior of this car for hours and still not get bored. very reliable car as all impalas are. not to mention the fact that this car costs less than a camry, maxima, altima and accord with more room and a better engine. save ur money and buy gm.

engine, exterior body.

brakes. i think gm ought to start putting bigger rotors and calipers on impalas, the car is big so regualar sized rotors dont really give u great stopping power.

Bad 2 the Bone car!
By rubbutter

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is wonderful car. Great car to get in and out of! Great stereo, seats are comfortable. I feel safe in this car. I get more head turns in this car then my grand prix gt2.

Just about everything!

Heads-up display would be nice.