Used 2003 Chevrolet Impala LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

11 years and still going
By cdnbrian

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car since new almost 11 years ago. I have not replaced any major components on this car in over 300,000 km. I have the full original exhaust system. In the past 20,00 km I replaced the wheel bearings and CV shaft. The car still runs like new. I have put paint on the hood and trunk to correct rust but then this car has never seen wax. I had a 93 Lumina and a (8 Lumina before this. In total the 3 chevs have gone a million km. I guess Ill buy another Impala. My son is looking forward to taking this car. Pretty dependable as well as economical.

Comfortable, quiet and still looks good.

The next Impala won"t be a work car so I'll dress it up.

Overall a Good Buy
By jon_l

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Impala LS second hand with 93,000 miles for my first car. Ran great for a good while but just had to get the catalytic converter replaced at 102,000 miles, Brake Controller Module Replaced, and my Idle Control Valve replaced, costing me all together $1,200. Despite those issues I've had no other issues I love my car. It rides real smooth and has some nice power. Has great gas mileage on the highway. This is really the last stylish model before the new Impalas went out. The interior is very nice and there is plenty of room for 5 people to fit comfortably inside. Currently at 104,500 miles and the car is still running great!

Optional 3.8L VS engine controls on steering wheel center shifting column spacious center compartments sporty exterior on LS low interior ride noise

improve quality of parts should have had a recall for the catalytic converter

2003 chevy impala LS 3.8
By 2003impala

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Where should I start........ it was 2010 when i got my impala only had 70k it was the best car for about 4 months first at 85k the catalytic converter (600$) then the power windows went out (130$) then the oil gasket/pan (30$) did it myself then dash lights went out didn't fix it then ABS was going in and out then water pump (50$) did it myself then the thermostat (10$) and I've only had it 10 months now I'm just like what's next?? MY parents own 9 different chevy's 1971-2010 and this is the only one that as ever disappointed them.

3.8 0-60 in 7sec. lots of room i've had 8 people in it at once. and it's a CHEVY

recall al 2000-2005 impalas and completely redo them

All things that gone wrong
By deaun

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My family has always been a Chevy patron. I liked the looks, drive and amenities of my Impala, but in the last 2 years I have had to replace the catalytic converter$739, the solenoid $875(when I took it to the transmission dealer they had been told by the GM company to start carrying this part as it was defective) the intake manifold ($783)wheel bearing, I will never purchase another GM car.

This Car is Junk
By Jon

2003 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Please do not buy this car. GM has gotten so bad, everything they put out is junk. bought the car with 80K, and put 25K on in the last 2 years. replaced brakes and rotors, no biggie, that was easy. car hit 100K and dash board lights lit up like a Christmas tree. ABS and Trac Control Failed, module failed, repalcement cost $2,700 for parts. So that hasn't been done, no more trac control or ABS for me. Had the headlights go out once on a sharp curve, that was nice. the radio light flashed at me, which is a pain at night. in the day you can't read the odometer or radio lights. now the AC blower motor doesn't work all the time. have to shut the car off and restart. this car is junk.

looks cool

Please fix your issues. stop building cars as cheap as possible and build something you would want to drive. build something you would put your daughter in. stop the outsourcing and just build me a damn decent car