2002 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Very Reliable

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Review

Very Reliable
By Gregg on

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Impala has the Police Pursuit package as I use it as a police vehicle. This car has been very reliable. At 115,000 miles I have had to replace the cooling fans and the catalytic converter which was covered under warranty. I drive about 100 miles a day and it is very comfortable. The trunk is huge and holds all of my "goodies" and the performance is still very good. The interior is cramped with all of the accessories that I need, but it is workable. I would buy an Impala for personal use.

Favorite Features

Excellent handling,braking and performance. Good fuel mileage. Seats have held up great considering the use they get. Gets a lot of comments and many people think this model comes with a V-8 engine. I am seeing more on the roads as police vehicles, so GM must be doing something right.

Suggested Improvements

A better interior layout for police service use. More gauges for reference of engine performance. Availability of rear suspension modification. With rear struts, air shocks are out of the question. I do tend to wear out the rear tires quicker because of the extra load on the rear tires.