2002 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Too Many Problems, Too Soon

2002 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Too Many Problems, Too Soon
By BigEl on

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Let's see. I bought this car at 35K, 2 years later I have 66K. I have had to change the cat converter, the entire rear brake system and now at only 66K, I am being told that I have to have my transmission rebuilt. It's making this big noise as if I'm driving a truck. And to top it off, the amp or the radio went so I have no music. also, my power window switch needs replacing. Shouldn't have these problems with a car that is 6 years old with me being the 3rd driver of this vehicle since manufactured; and the 2nd guy only had it for a year. No more American cars for me. Too busy skimping on quality parts to make us spend more money instead of making a long-lasting, reliable vehicle.

CD/tape deck, sound quality of radio, roomy interior, huge trunk, glass antenna, function controls through the radio(lights, oil monitor, tire pressure monitor, etc.)

Stop using cheap parts for these cars and use quality parts that will last. No good having style and beauty when the car has a short life span.