Reliable Car
By Bobber on
2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I bought the car in 2002 new. I now have 112,000 miles on it. I live in Iowa and drive on pavement, gravel roads and even farm fields. This car runs like a Swiss watch. I have the 3.8 engine and highly recommend its excellent combination of torque and fuel economy. This car is heavy so it feels extemely solid in snow, ice or rain yet is still will average close to 30 miles per gallon in highway driving. The car has a huge trunk and it it does a great job of transporting my young family of four with all our assorted luggage and toys. Traction control, ABS, Airbags, and the car's solid feel all give me a sense of imense safety when taking my family on the road. A value leader!
Favorite Features
3.8 engine. They're phasing that out now, but I'm confident, GM's 3.5 or 3.9 will be a reliable replacement. Steering wheel radio and cruise controls. Upper 20 average miles per gallon is great for this sized car.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of Good Year Eagle GA tires out of the factory. They were a very loud tire that made the car seem noiser then it was. I put Good Year Comfort Assurance on now and car is much quieter.