2002 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: like a dream... with a nightma

2002 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

like a dream... with a nightmare
By kaytebug22 on

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

the passlock security system on this car has caused me nothing but trouble!! while edmunds review refers to the "float" like handling of this car as a bad thing, it's one of my favorite features. i love the way my impala rides! and i travel across the country for a 900 mile each direction trip 1-2 times per year and a few 300 mile ea way trips too... and its a comfortable a ride over any other vehicle i have traveled in.

Favorite Features

i love the moon roof, and the cruise control and easy access to stereo controls in the steering wheel!! heated seats... i think i'll forever be hooked on LS models. this is a comfortable car that is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the passlock!! despite my adoration for this car, I will never buy another GM. this pk2 system has left me stranded more than a few times to deal with bogus situations. and GM has done nothing to help except have a reason to charge me (and thousands of people with the same problem!!) big bucks for repairs to a security system that is very buggie and in my opinion... NOT safe.