2002 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Impressed

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Review

By Gregg on

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I received my Impala new in November of 2002 as my police patrol vehicle. This car has been outstanding! It came equipped with the 9C1 police package and has not disappointed me. It is very powerful with the 3.8L V-6, and the 4 wheel disc brakes are outstanding. I have 115,000 miles in less than 5 years and have not replaced the brakes. The interior room gets a little cramped in the front, but the trunk is huge and holds all of my junk with ease. This car is a vast improvement over the Lumina police car. The only repairs to date are new electric cooling fans and a catlytic converter covered under warranty. I would buy one for my own personal car

Excellent ride and handling. Great power and stopping. Very dependable and good looks. I get a lot of comments on the style of the car. Even with the V-6 I can keep up with the Crown Vics with the V-8. Everyone thinks I have a V-8 in the car.

Needs more front area storage. I have no place for pens,paperclips, etc. My car doesn't have the console, so I have no cupholders. Needs better gauge package for oil pressure, amps and other engine monitoring.