Awesome Car
By awesome1 on
2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car with 20,000 miles on it for my wife who is a realtor & it has been excellent. So far the only major repair has been a replacement of the power steering module/motor/output shaft. We now have 120,000 miles on it. We change the oil every 3-4,000 miles & do a pan drop & filter change on the transmission fluid every 30,000 miles. We try to never have more than 1 summer season on the transmission fluid as I believe heat is the death of transmission fluid & we live in the Carolina's. My wife is a realtor & she subjects the car to extensive around town driving. We have the LS trim package w/trunk spoiler.
Favorite Features
Sporty exterior styling & the car drives very well. I cannot help but punch the gas every now & again when I drive this car.The car has excellent pick up & acceleration capabilities.The car has a huge trunk! It is one of the few cars that will accept a full size "HomeForSaleSign" in trunk! & close!
Suggested Improvements
Quality of the interior plastic components could be improved on the car. It would be an improvement if the car had a/c vents to service the back seat either through the console or through the doors like the Intrepid. The a/c cools very well, but could use more air circulation to the back seat!