2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Impala Chevrolet Has Improved
By carman joey on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 52,000 miles on my 2002 Impala sedan & have driven all over getting gas mileage as high as 33mpg great highway car & the 3.4 has preformed beautifully!

Great family car
By speed diva on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle a year ago. We have taken it on several road trips with the kids. The ride has been very confortable and fuel economy reasonable given the average speed of our travels. We are extremely happy with it. This vehicle replaced a Camry we had owned which turned out to be a lemon.

MADE IN AMERICA
By Joe Mac on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this car I had a little question mark in my head - now I have a big smile on my face! This is the best sedan on the road - PERIOD. I drive 65/100 miles a day (Local,Highway,City) and look at all the "non" American four door vehicles that cost thousands more yet have less room, power and comfort. I laugh as I pass them by. The Impala LS is the best kept secret around. I have ordered an SS and can't wait!!!

2002 Impala LS
By larryfl on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned this car for almost 18 months. Very few problems, nothing serious. Car handles well for it's size and type (sport suspension) and get's phenominal gas mileage -- upwards of 30MPG at 80MPH. Lot's of room and huge trunk. It's an excellent family car and we're very pleased. If I had to list a few negitives, I'd say the interior fit and finish could be better.

BEST CAR YET!
By HUFFU2 on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

WE HAVE OWNED MANY CARS IN THE PAST 20 YEARS...BUT THIS CAR & STYLE IS THE BEST YET! COMFORTABLE INTERIOR, NICE LOOKING EXTERIOR, AND MANY COMMENTS MADE TO US SINCE WE BOUGHT THIS CAR.

2002 CHEVY IMPALA ROCKS!!!!!!!!
By BIG L on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

after owning this car for almost 2 years and i have to say that this car is tough as nails i have 43000 miles on it and i have not have take into service for anything except for oil changes and regular maintenance. if you are looking for car with a lot of room and features and won't break the bank the chevy impala is worth a shot.

Love it!
By Susy on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my Impala. Hey everyone, this is 2003 now, don't compare it to and old version of the Impala. It rocks and looks good too! Lots of room, but sharp looking and drives well for me. I don't even feel the tranny top out it is so smooth.

Good Experience Turns Sour
By Fiji111 on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car performed great until around 17,000 miles. Heater core cracked and soaked my passenger carpet with coolant. A number of rattles have developed. Bad odor coming from vents required the dealership to install a special blower fan (aparently there is a GM bulletin on this issue so it is not unique to me). Ride is bouncy. Road/tire notice is too extensive for a vehicle in this price range.

Awesome Car!
By Becky5687 on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the Impala after reading so many glowing reviews on Edmunds and have NOT been dissapointed. We own the LS Sport package and love it.

2002 LS
By jcm on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car is solid and rides nice. Good for long distances. In quick turns, the back suspension feels like its tracking is off. Been plagued by minor electrical problems since purchase, windshield washer that would turn on with left signal use, remote entry system receiver failed, instrument cluster problems such as resetting while driving and broken tach. On third instrument cluster. So far, all covered under warranty. Just worried that these minor items are a hint at something major.