2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
bought an 04 LS now!!
By dayton91 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was great for the 52000 miles I put on it in a little under 3 years. Upgraded to an LS (at aboout 7K off the sticker). Unbleviable amount of car for 22K

Impala LS
By broncoguys on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent large car with exceptional gas mileage!!!!

An update!
By bigrig on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After another year and a half, I thought an update in order. Only problem has been brake rotors due to heavy road salt but completely covered by warrantee! You could not pry this car away from my wife! I still can't get over the gas mileage (3.4 engine)of 28 to 35 mpg and the great power in everyday driving! Drove it on a 200 mile trip yesterday and had to do some serious passing on icy roads. It handles great! Be sure to get antilock brakes and the power split bench seats! A great car all around! I would buy the base model again with upgrades--who elsehas a power split bench seat with this kind of mileage??

I Like the LS
By Tony The Tiger on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I took a look at the car when a friend of mine showed me hers. The LS was top of the line in 2002. For a family man who wants a comfortable car with a sporty fair, this car is ideal.

Chevys are still the best buy
By lydia on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving this impala. It is a joy to handle. My only complaint is uncomfortable seats, front and back.

Impala
By Ruth on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car!

Comfort, value, fuel economy
By kn15238 on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Impala lives up to it's heritage of being a good value, family sedan. The fuel economy is excellent for this size vehicle 21/32. Price wise, I paid over $1,000 less for my Impala V-6 than I could have gotten for a 4 cylinder Accord or 4 cylinder Camry. Test drove all three and Impala by far had the most comfortable ride. So far I'm very satisfied.

High Praise
By satisfied consumer on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had bought this as a used program car with 10,000 miles approx. The car has since given me no trouble! The performance, handling and design of the car are top notch. If I could by a new one, I'd do it now, but my next is either an SUV or another Impala. The car is a base model with few perks, but that is less to go wrong....increasing the reliability. This car is well worth the money and the made in America fact is a plus! Thanks Chevrolet

poor quality chevrolet
By brayden on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Poor - constantly something wrong with it. Brakes/injectors/and you can't even drive it in the snow.

Great But.....
By papanots on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has it all. Luxury, fuel economy, options and.........noises! I love this car but I have had annoying creaks and cracks along the way. The brakes a very loud and have gotten worse. Dealer says they cannot change them as per GM.....we'll see about that. I bough this car black with tan leather interior. People still freak out over it when I drive by or park it somewhere. Fuel economy is outstanding for a car this size.