Used 2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

02 Chevy
By Karen

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new and was very reliable until I hit around 40k. Now it stalls out every other day and I have had to fix the engine almost three times. All kinds of creaks and rattles that are very annoying while driving in the car.

Good Commuter Car
By BC

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used in 2004 with 26K on it. Now close to 70K. Great highway gas mileage. No real problems other than transmission sensor went out. Original tiger paws still on. Great car!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, get up, even with multiple adults in car. Huge trunk. Decent sound from radio, plus tape deck works great with iPod converter tape.

Suggested Improvements

Kind of wobbly when slowing down. No other complaints.

It works for me & my jobs
By Cedric

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about a year now with next to no problems. I was just use to driving SUV's until I tried sedans especially in the winter and it is great. In my line of work this car can really get up to speed when needed. The only problem was with the dash board instrumentation.

Favorite Features

The style.

If knew now when I bought it.
By Michael

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is in the shop more than I drive it. I have had to replace the engine three times (due to over heating), transmission twice (hard shifting), security moge, headlight switch (headlights turn off at night while driving), catalytic. Convert (car smoking), hubs, axles (loud roaring), steering column (popping, ) and the list goes on. All and all I have sent over $11,000 on this car in repairs its not worth buying oh yea did I mention there is a class action lawsuit on this car from years 2000- 2005 with the 3.8l (or k modle under lawsuit search) engines. I going to mark this car as a don't buy! Trust me!

Favorite Features

Looks.

Suggested Improvements

Recall this car or fix it!

Excellent car
By G Warner

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a fun car to own. I have had very few problems with it over the years. The body styling is great, as is the interior design. I think I will cry when I have to get rid of it.

Favorite Features

Trunk light, coins in console, 6 seatbelts, rear console/cupholders, programmable fob beeps/lights, visor extensions

Suggested Improvements

Handhold to open the trunk - nearly impossible with snow on the bumper. Reduce interior noise if only rear windows are open. Put a door on the cubby between visors. Make the brake rotors so they don't go bad with low mileage.