2002 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Basic Review
By Mr. G on 12/20/06 19:33 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Sales car. Great average gas mileage of 30 miles/gallon highway. Large trunk held my clubs and bags with ease. Great reliability. Plenty of room for 5. Excellent lumbar support, and with no center console could stretch my legs on long cruise. Well engineered, good balance of power and economy, plus roominess all for a price less than Toyota and Honda. Regular oil changes only needed new tires at 48,000 and new brakes/rotors at 58,000. Only complaint is the brake rotors, had to have originals turned twice.

Capable sport sedan
By Jeff on 09/06/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

In 5 years of ownership I have not had a single issue regarding drivabiliy or dependablity. For $25,000, a car with a good deal of ammenities. All the ones you'd expect, with the additon of full leather, and the added bonus of a sport suspension. Had driven the non-LS version as a rental, and really liked what Chevrolet did to punch up basically a family sedan.

2002 Impala LS
By Frank on 07/20/06 18:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is probably the best GM car I have ever owned and I have been buying them for 52 years. Excellent highway car, comfortable, tracks well, good response to the accelerator and is fun to drive.The car is also good on city driving trips, easy parking. Good fuel economy and very low maintenance costs. Only negative is wind noise on interstate roads.

Great vehicle
By joevette on 06/19/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have over 140,000 miles on my 2002 Impala sedan. I love it. 32mpg or better on highway w/ac on. Original tires, tiger paws, changed at 78,000. On second set. Original frontt disc brakes went to 102,000 miles, rear brakes at 127,000. Did have manifold leak taken care of. Really been a great car

Reliable Car
By Bobber on 01/15/06 13:52 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car in 2002 new. I now have 112,000 miles on it. I live in Iowa and drive on pavement, gravel roads and even farm fields. This car runs like a Swiss watch. I have the 3.8 engine and highly recommend its excellent combination of torque and fuel economy. This car is heavy so it feels extemely solid in snow, ice or rain yet is still will average close to 30 miles per gallon in highway driving. The car has a huge trunk and it it does a great job of transporting my young family of four with all our assorted luggage and toys. Traction control, ABS, Airbags, and the car's solid feel all give me a sense of imense safety when taking my family on the road. A value leader!

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By LINDA TRANBERG on 12/27/05 14:55 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. It drives and handles wonderfully. I have a bad back and in this vehicle I am able to go long distances without any problems. I've had this car 3 years and can't wait to buy another.

Great Car
By walter stanley on 09/26/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has provided great reliability (oil changes and 1 set of brake pads @50000 miles), exceptional gas mileage(when I drive consertively I get 32/35 MPG), lots of room, good comfort, performance when required, acceptable styling and a good price. I'm totally satisfied with the car and intend to buy another one in 2006. I think this car is the best value vehicle that GM or anyone else makes for this size car.

The LS is a quality buy you won't regret
By Kla_brown on 09/16/05 16:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car was purchased after my 99 Grand Am was totaled. The car is sturdier, smoother ride and definately more luxury. Gas mileage is better than the Pontiac, insurance is cheaper and so are the plates. My black LS is sleek and stylish without feeling like a grandma car!!

Good, but needs some improvements
By wallyuwl on 07/08/05 22:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought last August with 33k miles. Now 50k. Brake rotors from factory are soft and warp easy (had already been replaced under warranty before we got the car), replaced them with ones from Car Quest (and put on ceramic pads). Stops great now, and the parts shouldn't wear out for a long time. Will do the back in the next few months. Thermometer was bad, and they found an intake manifold gasket leak ($600) while fixing that, which I guess is somewhat common in GM vehicles and is caused by the Dex-Cool coolant they use. I got that flushed and had different coolant put in. Should be good now. Have done a few other maintenance things that would have to be done with any car.

Walker's review
By eric walker on 06/21/05 12:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent car, the best I've ever driven. Fuel economy is great for the size of the vehicle. It's comfortable, roomy, and good looking. I haven't had a single problem with the car.