Used 2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Sleeper
By Conway

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought this car I wanted the most affordable, reliable, comfortable full size sedan I could manage. I found it in this car. I bought the car with 50k on it as the second owner. I still have the car, drive it 100 miles a day. I now have 140K on it and it runs great. I don't take it easy on the car at all. Have driven it to work, on two tracks with a john boat strapped to the roof. anything you can imagine. I wanted a truck, but I might just buy another impala! My configuration: Impala LS, 3.8 liter. No rust, no problems, never kept in a garage, original everything, 26 mpg. If you were thinking about this year of car, buy one. You won't be disappointed.

I said it all in the review.

Really small glove box, but that is it.

When does it end
By Disgruntled

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is not fit because it has too many problems. It is good on gas and the ride is alright on the highway for long trips but. Not recognizing the key therefore the car won't start and having to the wait for the computer to shut down 12-15 mins is not right. Approx $1100 to fix, then intake manifold gasket leaking which the coolant can eventually leak into the eng $1000, brakes never seem to be good, fix at dealer with minimal cost but eventually did a whole new brake job, muffler pipe has a crack, lower control arm bushings left and right needs to be replaced, now head gasket dealer $2200, private shop $1400 and eng rebuilt at priv shop $2400. I only have $155k when does it end.

old cop car
By don

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 162,000 kms on it. It now has pushing 300,000 kms. This car corners like a sports car, brakes as good or better than most on the road. And you got remember it was used and abused by the ont Canada o. P. P. This car will bury the speedo with no hesitation. Its been to Florida with me 3 times from Ontario. I've put a battery and 2 front wheel bearings, and a set of control arm bushing in it. I change the tranny oil and filter every spring. I probly drive it harder the the police did! I love it even tho its a plain Jane. From the lights this car surprise

engine transmission comfort seats cloth handling looks 225-60 16 tires ultra grip

front wheel bearings

Don't Waste Your Money
By CLH

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car new off the lot. It was great at first. The 1st year the entire steering column had to be replaced - it locked up and I could not move it. Once I hit 100,000 - I had to replace the intake gasket, head gasket, bearings, window motor, and fuel pump. I also had to replace the brakes numerous times. Interior design not good - kept finding screws inside the car on the floor. Even my mechanic said that the 3.4 liter engine was not good & all his customers with this car had the same problems.

CD Player & Cruise control

Different engine

sorry chevy
By sammckenzie

2002 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had nothing but trouble every since I bought this car, with security system, service traction system window motor broke, cat converter had to be replaced at 60000 and roars when turning right, security system leaves me stuck at places for 15 min.In my book this is the sorriest car I have ever bought, they should recall all and destroy them!

good stereo system

all pcm,and electrical components as well as brakes and suspension parts