2002 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Impala
By nlasanta on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Truly like the car. Windshield wipers don't seem to fit. Change oil light came on after 2400 miles.

Impala LS
By Richard Stromberg on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Performance is excellent, Gas mileage execellent (24.5 MPG) Ride execellent

jag reviewer
By jag kid on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

fun car to drive. great price for what you get

Great Value
By Omalon on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for tall people 6'7" and fun to drive.

Very Generic Feeling
By Pablo on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

In short, this car just came off feeling like a very generic economy sedan. The HP and Torque numbers look good on paper, but on the road the 3.4L engine was quite anemic. The steering had a huge dead spot in the middle on straightaways at highway speeds; keeping it on-center took a lot of work. Also, the sound system has really poor separation and muddy bass. I know some might disagree with this, but even with less HP (and for about $2,100 less in price), I really prefer the Dodge Stratus for styling, comfort and handling.

GO FOR IT!
By Gene from Mass on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well, My all my friends thought I was crazy buying another Impala. But this time it was the LS. Every option. The handling, and performance, make this car. Quiet, tight, responsive! It snowed here in mass last week. When the standard traction controll kicked in It was a like I was driving a 4WD.

Tough to beat
By SUV guy on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

A very pleasant surprise. Virtually all areas of the Impala rate (by me) very high. Ride, handling, creature comfort, engine response are all top notch. Fit and finish were flawless on delivery. Impala may have a lot of competition in the $30K area, but this car sells in the 23K to 25K range. A real no brainer for anyone without money to burn.

Enjoyable
By imp8020 on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My Impala is a pleasure to drive. I've had 5 people in the LS w/ plenty of room. It has a decent ride, but could be a lil softer w/ those nice expansion joints on highways. It has nice "get up and go" power, as well as ample passing power. I have taken the car on trips to Ohio from MD, and get great gas mileage. And very little discomfort after a 3-4hr drive. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the vehicle. With the price, you cant kick all the extras you get.

17,000 miles and still love the car.
By garnes on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very solid feeling car. Rides as smoothly as much larger cars. (I have an Aurora too) Trunk at 18.6 cubic feet is incredibly large - blows all sedans away except maybe a Town Car. Seats are very comfortable - no comparison with any other car in this price range. The interior is quite handsome too. The all cast iron 3.8 V6 is basically indestructable. Oh yeah - the mileage is unbelievable for a car this size. It gets better mileage than lighter imports in this price range. It has a very high safety rating too - again better than most anything including the imports. Yeah, I love this car. No problems. Great value.

Love My Impala!
By kysloc on 03/11/02 21:39 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

After having (and still owning!) 3 1970 musclecars, I endured 14 years of driving minivans due to having kids. When it came time for another daily driver vehicle, I looked VERY HARD for a safe, large family car that had the zip and FUN akin to my old musclecars. I found the Impala. Ok, it does not turn as many heads as my 1970 lime green big block 'Cuda, but it is alot of fun to drive and always gets great comments from people who ride in it -- especially my Volvo S80 and Saab and Passat owning friends who can't believe how little my Impala cost. I will buy another Impala next year when my oldest kids take this one over.