Very Reliable
By James J on
2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I've had this car for 6 years and have had no major problems. Expected minor repairs all done myself. Wheel bearings, water pump, power steering pump. All routine repairs as far as I'm concerned over the course of ten years. Car is very easy and cheap to work on. 155,000 miles on it and I'd take it anywhere. In fact i recently drove it from Phoenix to Ohio and back. No doubt it'll make it at least another 100,000 mi. Drive train is very durable. Also, some expected interior issues. 2 window regulators (phoenix heat and plastic gears don't mesh), hazard switch, bad window switch.Again, all routine and easy repairs. I never recommend buying a high mileage used chevy. Scheduled Maint. is a must.
Favorite Features
Comfort, Control, Style
Suggested Improvements
Sounds like a lot of people have security system/starting problems (not me) with the anti theft system. Keep in mind it was a fairly recent technology when this car was put into production.
By tommy143
on 01/11/14 12:47 PM (PST)

hello I have a 2001 chevy impala it has a bit of miles on it like 290.000 but still runs grate but on rainy days the starter shorts out from what idk i could use some tips on what to check out iv tried to use the spare key in regular key with different tactics to no avail this is the second time it has happend it sems like i got to let it dry out and it will turn over again but what do i look for to0 fix so this dont continue i hate going in to a store shopping and when i get out its not turning over......