Overall good car with some issues
By chicagodriver on
2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I've had this care for almost 3 years now. I bought it with 44k on it and now have 90 on it. Ive had a few problems with it but most were solved by the dealership under warranty so it didn't cost me a thing. I have noticed that a lot of other people have had problems with the turn signals and I got it fixed no prob. I guess its a faulty hazard switch that ties into the turn signals. It was a cheap fix. I have had to have the rotors and brake pads replaced. Also replaced both front control arms which was expensive. other than that the ride is smooth, good pep, good styling, decent fuel economy, lots of space and its a comfortable ride. The problems I've had I blame on it being outside 365.
Favorite Features
Good styling on the outside, a pretty comfortable ride. More than I can say for a lot of the Asian cars which I have noticed ride like lumber wagons. Decent fuel economy, quiet engine.
Suggested Improvements
Electrical components and brakes needed to be improved for this car. Oh take note it's kinda a big car so don't expect to get into tight spots with it. I've had some problems parking in Chicago with it.