2001 Chevrolet Impala 3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - It's a Chevy

2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Base Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

It's a Chevy
By Chevy for my Baby on

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used for my wife when it had 60,000 miles on it, now has about 85K. It's been a decent car, a good road car. Had to replace spark plugs at 62K, catalytic converter at 65K (under warranty). Problems include intermittently working turn signals, squeaky suspension, motor on drivers' power window switch about to go out. Steering feels too light, car doesn't feel very substantial for it's size. My biggest gripe is that the car can't make it up a moderate grade without downshifting, which gets tiring on long trips. My 4 cylinder '89 Acura makes it up without so much as a hesitation.

Favorite Features

Standard cruise. Comfy seats. Nice, sporty looks. Huge trunk (I can get in it and lie down with room to spare). Good gas mileage. Cold a/c.

Suggested Improvements

Add another gear to the tranny or make the 3.8 standard. Add a CD player to the basic AM/FM radio and better antenna. Redesign the electrical system (blinkers shouldn't not work and power window motor shouldn't be going bad at such low mileage). Nicer standard rims, no cheap wheel covers.