2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: I like it.... Impala LS 3.8L

2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

I like it.... Impala LS 3.8L
By texasdriver on

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot of miles... I'm retiring my Suburban with 327K miles from daily use. So when I went looking for vehicles, SUV's were first on the list. With the current political situation and the potential for rising gas prices, I looked at the Impala. Primarily for fuel mileage, but also because it has a roomy interior. I purchased this car with 37.4K miles on it. I'm averaging 28+ mpg, at about a 70/30 highway/city mix. There is no indication of the car's age in performance, appearance, or operation. It's a very comfortable cruiser with ample room for 5 adults. The trunk is huge. I miss my Sub, but not at the gas pump.

Easy to find and use controls, comfortable seats, dual climate controls, programable security options, 28+ mpg at 75-85 mph. Peppy 3.8L power, smooth ride.

Cupholders! Too small, poorly placed and none in the back. Better AM radio reception... the in-glass antenna doesn't cut it. Find a better tire/suspension combo to reduce road noise. It's okay but a little tweaking would make it perfect.