2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Fix it before the warranty exp

2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Fix it before the warranty expires.
By Medic274 on

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When I heard that Chevy was bringing back the Impala,I was excited. Went right out and bought one without researching it. I got stuck with a 2001 model that had just about every problem mentioned on all the forums. I had to get the brake rotors turned at 12K! Again at 20K. I should have insisted on the manufacturer's recommended fix of replacing the rotors with aftermarket hi-performance rotors. The steering column clunked. My dealer "fixed" it by injecting grease into the joint boots. That lasted about 2 weeks. The ride was stiff and noisy. Good points? Seating was comfortable, and the 3.4L engine ran flawlessly.

Seating was comfortable, even for tall people like me. Back seat has most legroom I have seen. The engine was powerful and ran smoothly, never a problem. I opted for the premium sound system with RDS, love that feature.

Stop with the cheap brake components. Instruct your dealer's service centers to actually fix the customers' cars using manufacturer's recommendations, instead of half-hearted "mickey mouse" fixes. They lost a customer here due to poor customer care.