2001 Chevrolet Impala 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Big Disappointment

2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

LS Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Big Disappointment
By Karen on

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since I bought this car is 2002 I havn't had anything but trouble. The vent/air/heat has never worked on low setting. The check engine light stays on all the time. When this happens, the air doesn't work. I've had this check out several times and no one can figure what is wrong. The catalytic coverter went out while under extended warranty while I was out of town. When I requested that the dealer I bought from pay for repair they refused. GM did refund my money for the repairs but not the rental I had to get. All I want to do is drive this car thru the windows of the dealership and leave it there.

Favorite Features

How can you have a favorite when your always wondering if your going to be walking in minute. I do like the body style and size. I would love to have a new Impala but never would I take the chance that I'd get another lemon and GM will not stand behind their work.

Suggested Improvements

Repair car at no cost to me. Of course, when I would take in for repair they would never find anything wrong.