2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Best Buy For Your Money

2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

Best Buy For Your Money
By n2914mr on

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a very good experience with this vehicle in the year that I have owned it. The Impala is large enough to accommodate a family, but not too big. Acceleration is good, fuel economy is excellent and overall I would buy this car again. Brake/rotor wear is the only major issue I have had. This car is often compared to Honda/Toyota, yet unfairly dismissed for GM's past quality issues. I have owned both Honda and Toyota and when cost is a factor in your decision you will find the Impala a much better buy for your dollar. GM has made leaps and bounds in closing the QC gap it has faced against its Japanese counterparts. You will be impressed with the caliber of this vehicle.

Great gas mileage for a sedan of this size(24city/32hwy). Appealing exterior, roomy interior, dual and curtain-side airbags, comfortable ride. Lots of trunk space- the rear seats fold down for oversized cargo. On-Star equipped.

Position of the coffee/cup holders should be redesigned so your arm is not bumping into your drink. Brake/rotor quality needs improved. Heater/AC blower controls need improvement. Heated mirrors should be standard equipment.