Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Runs good....for a couple of years
By elmonto

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Impala worry free for about 3 years. Then I had to replace the head gaskets at 56K miles, which were about $800. Then the tie rods went, which were about $200 a piece. Now its the security system, for a second time. I replaced the ignition switch in August and it was fine until January. Then I replaced the switch and the cylinder but it still wont start, and waiting 10 minutes for the sec. system to reset does not work. Now its just sitting in my driveway looking dumb while my '88 Oldsmobile with 255k on the odometer starts fine every day. I loved my car when I first got it, but now i just want to get rid of it, and I am still making payments on a driveway fixture.

Looks, room, trunk space, V-6 engine

Recall the car for the security system and the head gaskets, too frequent of a problem for too many Impala owners

GM WONDERS WHY THERE SELLS ARE DOWN
By deerslayer

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owend gm for a very long time have 6 of them now but this car is just trouble traction control problems ,brakes ,wheel play,hubs replaced 2 times,the dash stays light up with problems all the time I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR LIKE THIS FROM THEM AGAIN GOOD LUCK GM IM GONE

VERY FEW

BURN IT

Don't waste your money!
By smcclain

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and have had nothing but problems with the wheel bearings, breaks, keyless entry, starter/ignition, cat converter (3x), turn signals, power window switch (2x), engine seals replaced (2x), fuel gauge, emergency flasher switch, low coolant sensor (2x), and the list could go on...

When it's not in the shop the gas mileage is great, 20 city & 30 highway, & it's large enough for 3 car seats on the back row.

GM to buy back all of the lemons they sold...never again will I buy a GM...

A piece of a clunker
By steve may

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a piece of junk. Had a $3200 transmission and manifold gasket repair, had to replace two sensors for the idle for $180 and also had to have this vehicle completely grounded again to fix the temp gauge/ac not working issue...$160 Rattles like crazy, handling stinks!

Decent acceleration and mpg. Good stereo. Decent brakes

GM learn how to make decent cars!

Would buy another one
By Far North

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car in 2005 with about 100,000. Have 133,000 on it now. Haven't any major problems. Gets great gas mileage for a large sedan and the motor runs smooth. Lots of room for a tall guy. Only complaints are some funky electrical problems. The turn signals work intermittently and the power window switches had to be replaced.

Gas mileage, lots of room, nice ride, and nice running engine.

More attention needs to be paid to the electrical components.