Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Hard not to buy another one!
By Best Car ever

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car new, just turned 170,000 miles on it! One major repair during this time which was normal wear other than that just had a problem with the sensor in the wheel for traction control which can be disengaged. This car has been wonderful. I am in sales and drive every day and then it's the family car on the weekends with two kids and the dog. It's comfy for us and afforable. I'm looking at getting a new car, figure it's about time but can't bare to even think of trading this one in as it's still going strong and while I would like something different just for a change, it's hard not to buy another Impala since this has been so great. Oh, got the bigger V-6, sales rep suggested.

Comfortable to drive, sporty but a great family car too. Loved everything about this car and it never left me on the side of the road! Unbelievable in the snow, plows right through! Live in Cleveland, so I know!

Sensor chip for traction control

Run as fast as you can
By james1

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a 1992 GMC Jimmy to this. I had 242,000 miles on the Jimmy and was less afraid to take that on a trip than I am this car. I bought it with 91,000 miles on it and have only driven it 11,000 so far. Out of that 11,000 miles I have had to get it towed twice and it has been back to the dealership at least 6 times. The car is not that old or that highmileaged to have to worry about being able to make it someplace without it blowing up. plus if you live in an area with alot of potholes or on a dirt road the car is so low that it drags all of the time. I hate saying it but you are better to spend a little more money on gas and buy a Tarus. at least they dont die ever 1500 miles.

Really like the looks of the outside of the car. The seats are also very comfortable and the car is nice and roomy. Love the vents by the sunroof as well, that should be standard on any car with a sunroof it greatly reduces noise.

Design an engine that can hold in its coolant for more than 500 miles, on the jug it says 5 years 150,000 miles try to live up to that.

Runs good....for a couple of years
By elmonto

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Impala worry free for about 3 years. Then I had to replace the head gaskets at 56K miles, which were about $800. Then the tie rods went, which were about $200 a piece. Now its the security system, for a second time. I replaced the ignition switch in August and it was fine until January. Then I replaced the switch and the cylinder but it still wont start, and waiting 10 minutes for the sec. system to reset does not work. Now its just sitting in my driveway looking dumb while my '88 Oldsmobile with 255k on the odometer starts fine every day. I loved my car when I first got it, but now i just want to get rid of it, and I am still making payments on a driveway fixture.

Looks, room, trunk space, V-6 engine

Recall the car for the security system and the head gaskets, too frequent of a problem for too many Impala owners

GM WONDERS WHY THERE SELLS ARE DOWN
By deerslayer

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owend gm for a very long time have 6 of them now but this car is just trouble traction control problems ,brakes ,wheel play,hubs replaced 2 times,the dash stays light up with problems all the time I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR LIKE THIS FROM THEM AGAIN GOOD LUCK GM IM GONE

VERY FEW

BURN IT

Don't waste your money!
By smcclain

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and have had nothing but problems with the wheel bearings, breaks, keyless entry, starter/ignition, cat converter (3x), turn signals, power window switch (2x), engine seals replaced (2x), fuel gauge, emergency flasher switch, low coolant sensor (2x), and the list could go on...

When it's not in the shop the gas mileage is great, 20 city & 30 highway, & it's large enough for 3 car seats on the back row.

GM to buy back all of the lemons they sold...never again will I buy a GM...