2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great Car
By Butchy on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a car with the consumer in mind that is fun to drive and a lasting car. For those who keep a vehicle and want great dependability over the long haul this is the car. With a great price and great dependability you can't beat the overall package. I don't want to burn the wheels off or hit the backroad for a race. If that is what you would like to do then you need to buy a sports car. This is a great car!

Bad rotor design
By Ferg on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had to replace front rotors at 19,000 and 34,000 miles. Other than that, I love the car.

this car is phat
By low on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

i love this car my wife calls it my other woman i mean the power and the comfort is lovely i'm ready for my next new car it will be a impala ss 2004 i'm a impala owner for life just keeep building them like my 2001 and you got a life time buyer my motto is once you go impala you never go back

Wonderful Car!!!!!
By marci68 on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Best car I've ever owned. Rides great and handles even better.

A very, very good car
By Sly Foxe on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars overall that I have owned. It has a high level of comfort. Particularly the front seats. i am a big guy (250#'s) and I have been very comfortable on days that I drove 600+ miles. One small problem with the power steering pump that was replaced under warranty and that is all after 26,000 miles. Fuel econmy is 19-21 in town and 28-30 on the road. Excellent for a car as large and comfortable. I also like the ONSTAR system. Still riding on the original tires and brakes that should be good for another 5,000 miles. Acceleration is above average and handling is secure and predictable.

Great Car
By Frank1003 on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first GM I've ever owned. I bought this vehicle new and have had it for two years now. Just turned over 50,000 miles. Besides oil changes and car washes, maintenence cost has been zero. Never been back to dealer since driving it home. This is without a doubt the best car I've ever owned. It makes Taurus, Camry, Accord, Intrepid, etc. seem like junk. Impala has a much more solid feel and has been 100% reliable.

EXCELLENT DRIVING MACHINE
By sear2 on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Edmunds is right, it might be call the Impala, but this beautiful front wheel- drive family sedan has little in common with the v8-powered rear-drive models of the past. It is a much better sedan. than the past, excellent performance from 3.4 V6 & 3.8 V6. And it is better sedan than Ford, Chrysler & Toyata.

The Only Problems Were Caused By Me
By blaised on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I only have about 5200 miles on this car, but they have been short trips, which is worse than highway driving. The gas mileage is excellent for such a large car (large by today's standards). The acceleration is also fantastic for this car. I think on the whole this car is outstanding except for its overall looks. (I do not think the crop of cars out there today are all that good looking, so my 7 rating of the Exterior Design is really a compliment). I slid on ice and damaged the front fascia, power steering unit had to be replaced because I hit a big railroad track, and mice got into my engine bay and chewed the wires. Exceptional.

Poor reliability
By Ltolch on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has had coolant problems, two transmission rebuilds and warped rotors; all within two years and 38,000 miles of easy city and highway driving.

Excellent
By intercat on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I purchased it to celebrate my graduation from college (35 years after high school) and suriving breast cancer. It's beautiful, and it is everything I wanted it to be.