2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Solid transportation
By rdreece on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The is a nice practical car that gets fantastic mileage from the 3.8 liter engine and also has plenty of power. In 50,000 miles, I have replaced the tires and battery. On-Star is a really nice feature that makes you feel more secure in your travels.

Overall Great car!
By ParrishFam on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have had very few problems with our Impala. The brakes had lasted until 48,000 miles on the front, still over 50% left on the rear. Alignment goes out pretty easily. Only real complaint is the OnStar. The entire system has been replace twice and needs to be replaced again. Comfortable for my wife's daily commute. Large enough for family (5 people) trips. Excellent fuel economy for the power the motor has. Considering the SS model in the very near future. Highly recommended.

Can't go wrong here
By Walt123 on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I 've leased this vehicle for about 2 1/2 years now and I must say it's been very reliable. 20 MPG in town and 31 on long trips. No mechanical problems at all. Very comfortable. When the lease is up I'll buy it.

2001 Impala
By CHARLIE-D on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Left fron transaxle seal leaked at 7,000 miles and repaired. Most miles are highway and one of the better cars I have ever owned. Looking for a new 2004 and will buy another Impala. I wish they had changed the 2004 body style.

nice car
By petrock on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

have no problemes with this car,unlike edmunds I like front wheel drive handles great in snow

Great car but with exception
By montgomery on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is extremely comfortable. I call it a poor man's Cadillac. The only problem I have had with this car is the brakes. Replaced rotors at 21000 miles and again at 35000 miles. This has also ruined four sets of pads and they are gone again now at 49000 miles. General Motors says they have no problem with this but I know different after owning 14 Chevrolets. Do not trust the brakes.

high maintenence vehicle
By fleetman on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Great car till it hits 60K then get out your check book. So far the front brakes have been changed twice, fuel injectors serviced,front end makes awful klunking noise, steering wheel squeeks, catalytic converter changed, computer repaired, ignition repaired, spark plug wires changed and the list goes on and on and on!!!!!!!!

all gm vehicles should be this good
By fancydancy on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

An outstanding car. Rides well with comfort and style. Engine and brakes are responsive and strong. The only problem this car has had has been early replacement of front brake pads at 28000 miles and frayed wires which were replaced under warranty at 22000 miles (the dealer said this problem was probably caused by animals which had chewed the wires!) Otherwise no problems. Car could be quieter, however.

Great car but unreliable
By amcurtis on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven my car 16k miles in the 6 months I have owned it. I do lots of harsh city driving and many highway miles. I am religious about the maintenance and upkeep. I love the car it drives great. Rotors warped 29k, dealership turned free. Warped again at 34k. 43k miles a lower intake manifold gasket started leaking and a fuel injector went bad. merging onto the highway yesterday something under the hood went crunch and the computer shut the engine down. now it is in the shop for what I expect to be a torque converter or transmission at 43k. very glad I bought the extended warranty not so glad that I bought the car.

Impala
By emcdonne on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very reliable, comfortable, good performing vehicle. The Gas mileage is excellent averaging 20 mpg in town and 30 highway. The trip computer however has a slight problem trying to keep track of the mpg and gallons used. The performance of the 3.8 is remarkable. Handling is sure and secure.