Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Awsome
By Kyle

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, its fun to drive, gets good mpgs: 21/32. It's huge and this car is a tank. Has been through a lot, got hit from a someone who blew a stop sign going 35 and my car only had 6400 worth of damage the other car lost badly. It's fun to drive. I'm 18 so I like the gas pedal. You can take turns fast and when you put the pedal to the floor it goes right away. Only complaint is that the abs light keeps on coming on, and I wish it had more hp. Also it's my summer work car and it holds 1500 lbs in the trunk with no problems. I will only buy a GM. I wish that they would actually put real bumpers on sedans instead of plastic tho. Metal is harder to dent, but with plastic you can pop it right out

Love it. It's sharp looking with the spoiler and blow out kit, and zeon lights. The speakers are awsome for being stock.

Wish it had like 250 hp on the 3.4, an inch lower to the ground would be nice, and it would be nice if people stop hitting my bumper in parking lots. I wish it didnt have so many recalls, but it was brand new when it came out.

Overall good car with some issues
By chicagodriver

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this care for almost 3 years now. I bought it with 44k on it and now have 90 on it. Ive had a few problems with it but most were solved by the dealership under warranty so it didn't cost me a thing. I have noticed that a lot of other people have had problems with the turn signals and I got it fixed no prob. I guess its a faulty hazard switch that ties into the turn signals. It was a cheap fix. I have had to have the rotors and brake pads replaced. Also replaced both front control arms which was expensive. other than that the ride is smooth, good pep, good styling, decent fuel economy, lots of space and its a comfortable ride. The problems I've had I blame on it being outside 365.

Good styling on the outside, a pretty comfortable ride. More than I can say for a lot of the Asian cars which I have noticed ride like lumber wagons. Decent fuel economy, quiet engine.

Electrical components and brakes needed to be improved for this car. Oh take note it's kinda a big car so don't expect to get into tight spots with it. I've had some problems parking in Chicago with it.

Not overly satisfied!
By jay

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife purchased this vehicle three years ago and is still paying it off. This car has had numerous problems from the electrical wiring (turn signals did not work due to wiring issue), Power window button/ switch has problems and has been seen by three different mechanics and the problem has still not been diagnosed. Check engine light will come on and off periodically, carpet near the passenger side door is pulling apart from the seam, exhaust has had small leaks, brakes need to be replaced constantly, not great on gas, runs poor when driving up hill. This car has 130K miles, and is still running therefore if you don't mind occassional trips to the garage, this car may last long.

Spacious interior, trunk space, solid exterior body/ frame.

This car requires lots and lots of patience. GM needs to fix electrical issues with the wiring (turn signals) and power window switch. Overall, this car has too many minor problems that add up.

2001 Impala
By tkid

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Car has been basicaly trouble free. Excelent fuel economy ar about 25 in daily non interstate driving and 32 highway. Primary problems are soft wheel rims and brake rotors.

200000 miles plus easy with this vehicle
By Needas

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my impala for 7 years now, with over 225000 miles, I still get 29 miles to the gallon average for all driving. I have only replaced the catalytic converter. It still has the same get up and go. It is wonderful on long trips. The only car I have ever owned that does not hurt my back after 12 hours of driving. I own three Chevy's all over 200000 miles, one over 300000 miles, if you want minimal repairs and a long lasting vehicle, Chevy's are your car, with Impala's leading the pack

Interior confort, Bose sound system, road handling, gas mileage

Spoiler and rear window makes backing a little difficult