2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
My new car
By Barb M on 12/25/04 12:58 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car I've ever owned. It's kind of intimidating at first, but the look and the ride is absolutely georgous.

You get what you pay for
By e humphrey on 11/28/04 22:50 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have almost 49000 miles on my Chevrolet .The steering has had excessive work required, both struts have been replaced some sort of drag link has been replaced two times.The electrical system is a joke, the fuel gauge works part time,other indicators are unreliable.The transmission is noisy and slams in when shifting down.

twice satisfied
By whking on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Impala LS. The first ('00) has more than 80k and has had no problems, brakes lasted until 75k. We still have it and now have 3k on 01 LS used with similar great performance. Car is underrated.

Lemon
By Jh1969 on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 impala has given me nothing but trouble. Thank god for extended warranties. Too many problems to list

I like it!
By bighouse on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala, used, last November and have been very pleasantly surprised with the value and performance. We've taken several long trips(NE Ohio to Fla.) and have really enjoyed the spaciousness and comfortable ride.When family comes we have put three cars seats in the back with no problems! Previously owned a Camry and I honestly like this car better. There have been no problems mechanically.

No matter what color, impalas r lemons
By troy8432 on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Electrical - Turn signals wouldn't work at 3K miles. Brake rotors - Warped at 3K miles. Chevy replaced but told me next time I would pay. Transmission - Fail to shift at 15K, 20k, 25k, and 35500 miles. Chevy found no fault until 36100 miles. Hmmm...just after original warranty expired. Ignition - 38k, intermittently won't recognize key and fails to start. Can't disable system. No matter what I will sell this car at 69999 miles or before. I expect the fenders to jump off at 70k.

Watch the gas gage
By jhenry on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used Impala after driving one for my company car. Both the company car and my car had gas gage problems after 50,000 miles. It is a great car (very reliable) except for the gage.

Honda/Toyota may be worth it
By Fat Gary on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Be wary of this car. Warrant work will regularly take place and yes, a couple weeks out of warranty soemthing that would never break on a Honda or Toyota will break or require service. Depreciates like a rock. Nice car in form but not in function due to quality issues. Most Impala's (and GM's) have awful Brakes. Problems to expect: Steering, Alignment, Tie Rods, Brakes, AC, Electrical, Computer, Transmission, etc...... I had an Accord before this and it was problem free (only oil changes) for the nearly 50K Miles I had it. I will get a Honda/Toyota and never look back.

Problems with rotors
By WMM on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We love this car. Other then one MAJOR problem. We have to turn the rotors down about every three months. We replaced them once already at 30,000 miles. I have NEVER had this problem before with any other car. The dealer and corporate wont help. Why would this need to be done every 3-4 months? It is a hassle and the cost is high to do this. Other then that, the car is nice but we would'nt buy it again because of this problem. Even more so since they (Chevy) wont help.

Fairly Happy
By schober on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Our Impala is a decent car, but several problems have plagued us. New tie-rods at 30k (dealer found "problem" during state inspection and replaced under warranty). The rack and pinion was replaced at about 10k due to a loud squeal. The weak Goodyear RS-A tires were replaced after the third one blew out before 30k miles. The instument cluster was replaced at 37k due to a grinding noise in the tach. It's great to drive and the fuel mileage is incredible, over 25 average!! It's a good car, but I wouldn't buy another one.