2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
What's it worth?
By sherian carter on 02/17/06 12:35 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best car I have ever owned. I purchased it after totaling a Buick LeSabre because of the sturdy structure of the car. Gas mileage has been excellent. The only problem I've had was a transmission that was covered by the warranty. I've received compliments on the car over and over again even being 5 years old. If I could replace it I would like to have the same car again.

I'd buy another
By Chris on 02/06/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only problems with the '01 LS were related to a set of bad tires. She runs nicely, adequate power even as she approaches 100K miles. Lots of room on the interior and big trunk make it a nice family vehicle. If I were going to buy another American car, I would definitely go with another Impala.

It's a Chevy
By Chevy for my Baby on 01/03/06 03:55 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used for my wife when it had 60,000 miles on it, now has about 85K. It's been a decent car, a good road car. Had to replace spark plugs at 62K, catalytic converter at 65K (under warranty). Problems include intermittently working turn signals, squeaky suspension, motor on drivers' power window switch about to go out. Steering feels too light, car doesn't feel very substantial for it's size. My biggest gripe is that the car can't make it up a moderate grade without downshifting, which gets tiring on long trips. My 4 cylinder '89 Acura makes it up without so much as a hesitation.

Big Disappointment
By Karen on 10/28/05 17:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since I bought this car is 2002 I havn't had anything but trouble. The vent/air/heat has never worked on low setting. The check engine light stays on all the time. When this happens, the air doesn't work. I've had this check out several times and no one can figure what is wrong. The catalytic coverter went out while under extended warranty while I was out of town. When I requested that the dealer I bought from pay for repair they refused. GM did refund my money for the repairs but not the rental I had to get. All I want to do is drive this car thru the windows of the dealership and leave it there.

AK
By ak on 10/06/05 08:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I first looked at it and drove it at the dealership I thought it would be perfect for my first car. Then I took it home and started driving it and find that my fuel guage doesn't work, I have a computer problem, and my sway bar is going out!

Excellent family car
By puppy on 06/27/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 impala from a private party at 75,000 mile for $6100. It feels like new. Has a quiet engine, stable and comfortable highway driving. It's much better than Camry or Accord ifor this price.

So So
By Impala7 on 06/07/05 19:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My thoughts on this car after having it for 4 years is it's so so. The brake/rotor system is cheesy. Maybe it was built for the Cavalier. The car is noisy on accelerating. Not inpressed with the flooring under the carpet. There's not much pickup when entering a highway or passing. The radio antenna in the window makes for lousy reception on stations 50 miles away. The opening of the trunk for putting things in is too small.

Fix it before the warranty expires.
By Medic274 on 03/01/05 02:48 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

When I heard that Chevy was bringing back the Impala,I was excited. Went right out and bought one without researching it. I got stuck with a 2001 model that had just about every problem mentioned on all the forums. I had to get the brake rotors turned at 12K! Again at 20K. I should have insisted on the manufacturer's recommended fix of replacing the rotors with aftermarket hi-performance rotors. The steering column clunked. My dealer "fixed" it by injecting grease into the joint boots. That lasted about 2 weeks. The ride was stiff and noisy. Good points? Seating was comfortable, and the 3.4L engine ran flawlessly.

Best Buy For Your Money
By n2914mr on 01/21/05 09:41 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a very good experience with this vehicle in the year that I have owned it. The Impala is large enough to accommodate a family, but not too big. Acceleration is good, fuel economy is excellent and overall I would buy this car again. Brake/rotor wear is the only major issue I have had. This car is often compared to Honda/Toyota, yet unfairly dismissed for GM's past quality issues. I have owned both Honda and Toyota and when cost is a factor in your decision you will find the Impala a much better buy for your dollar. GM has made leaps and bounds in closing the QC gap it has faced against its Japanese counterparts. You will be impressed with the caliber of this vehicle.

My new car
By Barb M on 12/25/04 12:58 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car I've ever owned. It's kind of intimidating at first, but the look and the ride is absolutely georgous.