Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
2001 Impala
By ricfos on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I took delivery of this car on Octber 31, 2000. It was an ordered vehicle with all options but the sunroof (I need the headroom). Over 20,313 miles, over 5,000 of which were on a road trip from the Chicago area to Los Angeles and back, this car has been perfect. I have had NO (zero) problems with this car. It has averaged nearly 30 mpg at mostly interstate speeds, is as comfortable as any Cadillac or Lincoln I've driven, and is a just very enjoyable to drive. It has most of the creature conveniences you'd expect from a car costing $10,000 more. I love it!

nice car but a rattle-trap interior
By kenny6071 on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the car except for the constant rattle in the glove box door and the unusually high road noise. You may not feel every bump in the road but you sure can hear it. The car has been this way ever since I bought it. It is great to be able to fit 2 shopping carts of food in the trunk, and another cart full in the back seat area! The stereo is nice but needs better sounding rear speakers. 24K miles later, it is showing its age as well as feeling its age. The car doesn't feel as robust as it was when new. So far no major mechanical problems!

2001 Impala LS
By jdowling on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the car new in August 2001. Best car I have ever owned. I have owned 7 chevrolet products in the past.

Today's Impala
By Cy on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I chose this car because I wanted a large car with a sporty ride for less than $30,000. This seemed like the best choice and it has been a fine choice. I put alot of highway miles on this car and it is an excellent vehicle for highway driving. In fact I got 50,000 miles on the original brakes which is the most I have ever gotten out of a set of brakes.

I LIKE MY IMPALA! Is that ok with all?
By DonM on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've thoroughly enjoyed my 2001 Impala LS! I'm on the big side 5'10", 260, and have (unfortunatly) outgrown my Grand Ams. No comparison! Great fit, plenty of zip for my needs, and I ENJOY driveing it. No mech problems, Fuel economy is as expected (slightly below sticker) but on long hauls at 70MPH+ I have often gotten 30+ MPG. Only nit is that compared to a 2 door, visibility is restricted and I had to get use to that. Wish the mirror was a tad smaller or higher. Looking forward to some future upgrades to this model.

Millenium Impala
By Jeff520670 on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the car in July of 2001 and since then I absolutely love the car. It turns heads everywhere. I find the car very reliable having had very few problems so far. I drive alot and the car is comfortable gets good gas mileage. Its a pleasure to take on the long road trips. Had it to southern Florida and back from Pittsburgh, Pa and it was great.

Best in class
By Eneal on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle compares very favorably to other mid-sized domestic cars. The 3.8L V-6 is worth the extra money. I drive 40K miles per year, so its comfort and quiet ride are also welcome features. It is big enough to take a foursome golfing, with its ample legroom in back and cavernous trunk. It is slightly smaller than the Intrepid, but of better overall quality. It is hands down better than Taurus and Grand Prix.

Chevy Really Did It
By Tannakat on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent car...I'm very picky, and I only have two major areas for improvement for this vehicle. I plan to keep this car for a while, we are really enjoying it, and the gas mileage has drastically improved since it was new (split 1/2 hwy & 1/2 city, about 275 mpg, all hwy almost 400 mpg).

impala sucks!
By Shelley on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2001 white Impala LS, fully loaded for $27,000 & it has been my nightmare ever since! Ten months later and the transmission has gone out THREE times! You have to schedule an appointment, 25 miles away, to have it looked at. Let me tell ya, I've been doing a lot of reading up on Illinois lemon laws. The 0% is what got me to buy the car and I will never, ever, ever buy a Chevy again. I have tried numerous times to trade it in and it's true about the value of it dropping as soon as you drive it off the lot. 10 months later and it books at $12,000 less than what I paid for it. Don't buy Impalas!

My first Impala
By P Harvey on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Everything so far is great. Only complaint is the constant mailings from GM wanting me to take the car in for replacemnt of an air bag sensor (WHICH WAS DONE AND REPORTED TO GM NUMEROUS TIMES)