Used 2001 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

I'd buy another
By Chris

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The only problems with the '01 LS were related to a set of bad tires. She runs nicely, adequate power even as she approaches 100K miles. Lots of room on the interior and big trunk make it a nice family vehicle. If I were going to buy another American car, I would definitely go with another Impala.

Steering wheel controls

It's a Chevy
By Chevy for my Baby

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used for my wife when it had 60,000 miles on it, now has about 85K. It's been a decent car, a good road car. Had to replace spark plugs at 62K, catalytic converter at 65K (under warranty). Problems include intermittently working turn signals, squeaky suspension, motor on drivers' power window switch about to go out. Steering feels too light, car doesn't feel very substantial for it's size. My biggest gripe is that the car can't make it up a moderate grade without downshifting, which gets tiring on long trips. My 4 cylinder '89 Acura makes it up without so much as a hesitation.

Standard cruise. Comfy seats. Nice, sporty looks. Huge trunk (I can get in it and lie down with room to spare). Good gas mileage. Cold a/c.

Add another gear to the tranny or make the 3.8 standard. Add a CD player to the basic AM/FM radio and better antenna. Redesign the electrical system (blinkers shouldn't not work and power window motor shouldn't be going bad at such low mileage). Nicer standard rims, no cheap wheel covers.

Big Disappointment
By Karen

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since I bought this car is 2002 I havn't had anything but trouble. The vent/air/heat has never worked on low setting. The check engine light stays on all the time. When this happens, the air doesn't work. I've had this check out several times and no one can figure what is wrong. The catalytic coverter went out while under extended warranty while I was out of town. When I requested that the dealer I bought from pay for repair they refused. GM did refund my money for the repairs but not the rental I had to get. All I want to do is drive this car thru the windows of the dealership and leave it there.

How can you have a favorite when your always wondering if your going to be walking in minute. I do like the body style and size. I would love to have a new Impala but never would I take the chance that I'd get another lemon and GM will not stand behind their work.

Repair car at no cost to me. Of course, when I would take in for repair they would never find anything wrong.

AK
By ak

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When I first looked at it and drove it at the dealership I thought it would be perfect for my first car. Then I took it home and started driving it and find that my fuel guage doesn't work, I have a computer problem, and my sway bar is going out!

I like the way it drives and handles the road!

Computer, fuel tank, and steering!

Excellent family car
By puppy

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 impala from a private party at 75,000 mile for $6100. It feels like new. Has a quiet engine, stable and comfortable highway driving. It's much better than Camry or Accord ifor this price.

Comfortable highway driving. Roomy interior, sexy exterior.

Under wheel gearshift is not so easy to operate. It is easy to slide from D to R while I try to change from D to OD while driving, which is very dangerous.