2001 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Reliable Car!
By jig226 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This Impala is my first brand new car. It works great. But I have to mention several problems of it. First, in the winter time when temperature is very low, there is squeaking noise when braking slowly. Second, one of the door windows is a little shaking when it is not closed entirely. Third, the display on the screen will be faint out automatically. Anyway, it's great and reliable car.

Junk
By Impala Hater on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Impala for 41,000 miles and I wish I had seen this site and others earlier. Our Impala already has had the AC Pump replaced and just recently the damn ignition cylinder locked on us!!!! There is no way that an ignition cylinder should go bad... ever... unless someone tried to break inot the car. GM needs to have a better warranty plan to cover parts and labor on items that really shouldn't break down. If something else happens to us, I think I'll take the advise of one of the angry people here and look up the Ohio Lemon Laws. Bottom line...if you get a Chevy, GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!! Or better yet, get a Toyota or Honda!

I like it.... Impala LS 3.8L
By TexasDriver on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot of miles... I'm retiring my Suburban with 327K miles from daily use. So when I went looking for vehicles, SUV's were first on the list. With the current political situation and the potential for rising gas prices, I looked at the Impala. Primarily for fuel mileage, but also because it has a roomy interior. I purchased this car with 37.4K miles on it. I'm averaging 28+ mpg, at about a 70/30 highway/city mix. There is no indication of the car's age in performance, appearance, or operation. It's a very comfortable cruiser with ample room for 5 adults. The trunk is huge. I miss my Sub, but not at the gas pump.

I like it.... Impala LS 3.8L
By texasdriver on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2 YEARS LATER - NO COMPLAINTS
By G_WILSON on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

NEARLY 22000 MILES - HAS SERVED US WELL OTHER THAT A POWER STEERING PUMP LEAK WHEN NEW THIS CAR HAS NOT BEEN BACK TO THE DEALER FOR ANY WARRANTY RELATED REPAIR/PROBLEM(S). CAR REALLY DOES GET 32-33 MILES TO GALLON ON THE ROAD . . . I'M PLEASED. . . AND IT CAME AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE TOO . . .

WORTHLESS
By jferri6 on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have been intimately involved with automobiles for over 20 years and have never owned a vehicle that was as worthless as this one. it is my experience that there is 20%markup in ANY vehicle and over the first year it depreciates 20% so with this in mind my $25000 impala can be bought for 20K and would be worth approx 16k after the first year, well what a surprise it was to me to learn that this vehicle was only worth 12 grand at best after only the first year????? please dont be a fool like me , save your misery , or steal it.

Another Vehicle, please!
By AneetraSherrell on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Unfortunately, I wanted to trade it in for an SUV. On the contrary, I was told that the trade in value offered would cause me to add $3000 to get out of the damn car! At first, I thought I was the only person who couldn't keep my light assy clean. Much to my surprise, when I notice other Impalas going down the road, the rest of the car looks clean but that lens is always filthy! I like it for the look since I am a single female, but getting out of it is more trouble than it's worth. Do me a favor Chevy, since I have owned nothing but your model vehicles for 10 years now, give me a break on the trade-in!!!!

Did Edmunds test the same car I bought?
By David Rogers on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I don't understand Edmunds' beration of this vehicle. My Impala has been an absolute pleasure to own. We owned a 1990 Linc. Town Car prior to our 2002 Impala and had nothing but trouble with it. NO domestic can rival the Linc's air-ride, but the Impala comes very close. A more sporty ride, the Impala has better handling & does not "float" at speed as the Linc. does. We've had only one problem, the sealed headlamp module on the driver's side failed & moisture got into the unit. Other than that the car has performed flawlessly. If you are looking for a solid, 6 passenger vehicle, with luxury car ride and feel, at a reasonable price, buy the Impala.

2001 Impala
By ricfos on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I took delivery of this car on Octber 31, 2000. It was an ordered vehicle with all options but the sunroof (I need the headroom). Over 20,313 miles, over 5,000 of which were on a road trip from the Chicago area to Los Angeles and back, this car has been perfect. I have had NO (zero) problems with this car. It has averaged nearly 30 mpg at mostly interstate speeds, is as comfortable as any Cadillac or Lincoln I've driven, and is a just very enjoyable to drive. It has most of the creature conveniences you'd expect from a car costing $10,000 more. I love it!

nice car but a rattle-trap interior
By kenny6071 on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the car except for the constant rattle in the glove box door and the unusually high road noise. You may not feel every bump in the road but you sure can hear it. The car has been this way ever since I bought it. It is great to be able to fit 2 shopping carts of food in the trunk, and another cart full in the back seat area! The stereo is nice but needs better sounding rear speakers. 24K miles later, it is showing its age as well as feeling its age. The car doesn't feel as robust as it was when new. So far no major mechanical problems!