2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great Car
By Hotwheels on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Best car on the road for the price. I have had other makes (camery) the Impala is far superior, I test drove the Impala because I was board one day. The next day I traded in my camery and never looked back. The Impala is Roomy, great mileage, many features, nice seats, great looks.

Get your rotors checked
By Chevy fan? on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car looks,drives and performs great. However, the trips for warrenty work are killing me. The brake rotors are just one item. The brake pedel was pulsating starting at 30K and all 4 rotors were replaced at 34K. there is a technical bullitin out that the rotors are covered under the bumper to bumper warrenty. Don't let them talk you into "turning" them. At 19K miles the air conditioning required repair. First new GM product I've owned, see the additional items for warrenty, makes me want to go out and get another one. Lets see, steering shaft, broken motor mount, cracked gage glass, faulty trunk light switch.

Poor Quality and Service
By Masters on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but problems, thank goodness for extended warranty. I'm looking forward to the day that I sell this car.

Poor Performance Impala
By kj123abc on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When my husband and I found out we were expecting our first child, we decided to purchase an Impala LS for reliability. What a poor choice we made. It had to be towed for problems twice within the first six months, and it has been nothing but trouble ever since. Both the coolant system and the electronic system had multiple problems. Chevrolet has not stood behind the product at all. This is my first and last Chevrolet.

Awesome
By samuela on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My chevy impala is going to be three years old very soon (bought it new), I'm yet to find a single problem with it. The gas milleage is terrific, acceleration is great, very spacious too and drives realy good.

2001 LS
By blueeagle65 on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very happy with our 01 LS. We've had it for two years and have had to do nothing other than routine maint. It gets much better mileage than we expected and we love the huge trunk.

Be Thankful for what you buy
By Sandy_B on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1990 Chevy Lumina,that had ALOT of miles. My parents had purchased a loaded Impala,I loved it!! Well I am glad to report that I have one. It's a month old. I read alot of reviews on this,to have a car, one must put money into one. I LOVE my Impala. It has great gas mileage,roomy,and handles very well. I have four children and we sit very well in the Impala. People say it should have this and have that well you get what you pay for.I personally after being able to afford a good car after so many years of hard work am not going to complain. Unless you are a teenager wanting to go around with the radio wide open I think the stereo is just fine.

GO CHEVY--Awesome Car
By Danny_G on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy has always been my choice in cars--WHY?!?! They are awesome cars to own. The Impala is the best car I have ever owned and I love it. It is fully loaded and a joy to own. Very resonably priced and great options.

Impala 3.4L
By SDrega on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

On a trip to Florida we averaged between 32-34 mpg, which I find extremely impressive for a car of this size and considering it is a six cylinder. I really like the ride, the comfort of the interior, and the big 4 wheel disc brakes. So far after 40k I've had no mechanical problems. The car has had some annoying quality control problems including a rattling ash tray, a defective seat track which creaked and groaned, a rear window seal which kept popping out around the edges, and roof drip rail moldings which were popping out. Since these items have been fixed, I've had no other problems and I really enjoy the car.

Really like this car
By biokmst on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I really like this auto. I have had foreign, chevys, pontiac and GMC's. Wouldn't give a plug nickel for the foreign - soooooo expensive to maintain for the money. The pontiac was comfortable for the mid size and dependable. This Impala is a looker, great gas mileage, comfortable leather interior and lots of bells and whistles for the money. I bought it used and saved tons of money for a nice car.